ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water from exhaust

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi Guys. I just need some advice. I very rarely boot my 182 but just recently have been giving it a quick blip here and there. I have noticed that when i do put my foot down alot of water is kicked out of the exhaust. I mean alot! My whole rear window looks like there has just been a downpour. My brother was following me in his williams yesterday and he commented on the amount of water i splashed onto his car. Is this normal or should i be worried? Thanks in advance.

106 GTi
Boot in more and clean it out ;) Nothing to worry about, worse when it's cold during the winter.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I was behind one when he booted it and got absolutely drenched with brown water all over me nicely cleaned Ph-Quick

320d
Its perfectly normal just moisture in the air condensing in your exhaust system as your car cools down. It will be lying in the back boxes then gradually evapouring as your exhaust system warms through then occasionally pouring out as you accelerate. Give it a good run with some spirited driving and it should clear it. The 172's were never as bad due to the down sweep tailpipe position whereas the design on the 182 back boxes act as containers

Hope this answers your query

RenaultSport clio 182
Cheers fellas. I thought it might have been down to my Sunday driver driving. I'll need to put some weights in my right foot!