ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WATER LEAK, SUNROOF BUTTON HELP !!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Mates got a serious leak through the button for the sun roof.

Especially if its been left out in the rain, i guess its coming from a loose seal etc maybe the ariel but it seemed secure.

Its a mk2 ph1, anyone had this problem, The electric roof still works but i can imagine havin water running through it wont help.

Cheers.

GSR Lancer. .
hey! thats on my car! let me post my own problems.. haha

but yeah my leak is pretty bad, the water is just coming through the sunroof button.. can i get a sealant for it...?
cheers

clio 172
open the sunroof (when its not raining!) and use a metal coathanger to clear the drain holes.

should be a hole either side, and if anything gets in there..they block up and leak water in through the light inside.

The bolts which hold the sunroof inner and outer frames together have probably come loose. You need to pull the headlining down and check they're tight.

You may have to pull the exterior frame upwards, put some sealer on where the frame/roof contact and tighten up the bolts.

GSR Lancer. .
imsocrazy.. what did you mate do to solve the problem? im gonna have a look at it today if it stops raining..

type r +182
just took it all a part cleaned all the seals bolts and put it back
stoped leaking
just like what (Evs) said

Skoda Fabia vRS
look on your roof, at all corners of the plastic sunroof frame, are they raised up slightly away from the roof ?...........if so put a small bead of silicone sealant around there and it should sort it

i just give mine a good clean and put it back in i took the ruber out and washed it with the car wash then put it back never botherd me since