ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water under rear seats

Jap Box
Hi,

Got a dreaded problem of water gathering under the back seats, car stinks in the back of damp.

Roof isn't the problem, ive now electrical taped over the grommets in the rear of the car under the bootlid but doubt loads would get in there. Ive taken the rear doorcards off ti see if anythings there as apparently they can get blocked but couldn't see where the draining holes would be.

Are they at the bottom of it somewhere, was getting dark so didn't see much, any help appreciated.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
My Clio has done that a couple of times and I still haven't worked out how it's getting water in. But lately it's been dry despite all the rain we have had.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The blots holding the back seats/seatbelts in go through to the underside of the car, the water is probably getting in via them.

Clio 172
Unhelpful post...

There is a guide to unblock the drain holes, they are in the sill, think there's 2 or 3 and not very big at all. I would link the post but im on my phone I'm afraid :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's what I wanted to reply last night, either, clear those drain holes and hope for the best, or remove the rear seats and get the hose out. Try to find where it's running in from.

Impreza Wagon
This happened to me in severe floods however underneath the front seats also got wet. It's not happened since but it's taken a long time to dry out and get rid of the damp smell.

Jap Box
My Clio has done that a couple of times and I still haven't worked out how it's getting water in. But lately it's been dry despite all the rain we have had.

Yep, its only every so often it does it, might be the angle the cars parked at because sometimes its on flat ground and others its on a hill.

The blots holding the back seats/seatbelts in go through to the underside of the car, the water is probably getting in via them.

The ones under the isofix bar? Will have to check them tomorrow as I remember my mate undoing one to try put a ground wire on there until I told him to just do it on the boot lock, maybe he didnt secure it back on 100%

Unhelpful post...

There is a guide to unblock the drain holes, they are in the sill, think there's 2 or 3 and not very big at all. I would link the post but im on my phone I'm afraid :(

Thanks, il try find it :) did poke a dustpan down there and wiped around, but couldn't see anything so no idea if it helped or not.

That's what I wanted to reply last night, either, clear those drain holes and hope for the best, or remove the rear seats and get the hose out. Try to find where it's running in from.

Will do when ive got some spare time :) rained all last night too but was bone dry this morning, so I might have fixed it. Glad I took a shot at it anyway because whoever had the car before unplugged the rear speakers for some reason, possibly because of the leak because there is water staining on them.

Jap Box
This happened to me in severe floods however underneath the front seats also got wet. It's not happened since but it's taken a long time to dry out and get rid of the damp smell.

Front is all fine, just under the back seats, its on the passenger side more. Didn't realise to be honest until someone got in the back and told me the one seat was damp.

Clio 172

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying your post was unhelpful, i meant mine was going to be haha.

To the OP, the drain holes are pretty small, and you don't realise they are there untill you actually see them. Stick a bit of wire up it, or a jet wash can do the job

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Ive got this problem drivers side under the seat is getting soaking wet every time it rains, When car is hold a slant facing forwards it also soaks the front ( under the pedals)

Can somebody post a link or pics of where the bulk head drainage hole is located please. ( as ill admit i can sell cars but am useless and fixing them)