ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxybox chat thread

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Am I correct in thinking that we are entered into the earlybird competition they are running atm as we have current subscriptions?

Think that is what was said on the Facebook page

The glass cleaner worked great imo, and it did all windows inside & out with alot to spare

the airfreshener is lush aha!

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Benn really impressed with these so far, last months and this months have been good and I've used a few things so far.

Last months

Tyre dressing - I found to be really nice to use and gave a very natural look i thought, as some have said it only lasts a week or so.
Shampoo - Again i thought this was good, really slick and seemed to go far.
Blind test - Didn't rate this at all. Was easy enough to use but i didn't find it added much to the look of the car and the beading etc was pretty poor.

Also really liked the banana air freshener, smells like the ones from a pic'n'mix.

This months

Glaze - Had a quick go with this by hand on a test bonnet in the garage. It left the paintwork with a nice depth and gloss but didn't seem to fill many swirls, will have another go by machine at some point tho.
Sonax Quick detailer - Really liked this. Nice and easy to use and seemed to spread quite far and leave a nice shine, beading was ok too (below).

IMAG1997_zps137c088c.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The Wax-Tec iron remover wasn't too bad, No IX but for those who have never tried one it was a worthy addition to the box.

2002 Flame Red 172
Used some of my waxybox today. Wheel cleaner (wasn't very impressed), Sonax quick Detailer (good shine but dulled glossiness I achieved from my last detail. I found it difficult to buff off too), Gtechnic Glass Cleaner (very good)

9674901726_87f5b4cd58_b.jpg

DSC_3013 by thepike1984, on Flickr

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just picked mine up from the office. f**k me the air freshener smells like a ducked old pair of flip flops.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Obviously one of the backup boxes they mentioned, Apparently they hold some back for some reason and then send out to the first in the queue.

Think this is a good box, wanted to try the AF Verso, Sonax and GT glass cleaner for quite a while, I've already got the glaze from AMD though.

Not sure how a shampoo can be wheel-specific considering most are painted anyway..?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The air freshener has proper mad my car reek!!! It was in less than 12hours :dead:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't touched my box yet, haven't even cleaned the car for about a month now :eek:.

I'll get there eventually lol.

I gave my waxy box away. Didnt use a single item in the box.

Hardly a great loss though?

Everything was s**t.

Such a little troll!

Obviously one of the backup boxes they mentioned, Apparently they hold some back for some reason and then send out to the first in the queue.

Ah, hadn't realised that!

Think this is a good box, wanted to try the AF Verso, Sonax and GT glass cleaner for quite a while, I've already got the glaze from AMD though.

Not sure how a shampoo can be wheel-specific considering most are painted anyway..?

Nothing to do with a contaminant remover, Andy? Not tried it, so can't comment, but will be using everything from last two boxes this weekend... can you tell the misses is away?!

Nothing to do with a contaminant remover, Andy? Not tried it, so can't comment, but will be using everything from last two boxes this weekend... can you tell the misses is away?!

Possibly, but it says not to use on bodywork?!

Yea I can, tell me about it! Mine thinks I'm mental getting excited over tiny bottles of liquid and makeup applicator pads!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My Girlfriend loves car cleaning, we actually do it together lol

My wife would happily go 6 months without considering to wash the car, probably longer now we have a baby. Think she may have commented once or twice on the car looking clean after its been waxed

Not a 320d
Dont take this the wrong way - make sure your car gets clay'd and IPA'd yo. Then apply. Works best over a ceramic or good nano sealant like CQUK, but still excellent over your mates or family's vehicles.

Durability is good. I apply that s**t every wash anyway (no seriously I do) just because I own a black car and its a b**ch.

Clio Trophy
1375769_10151593993110728_1158893137_n.jpg

Well chuffed ..... Waxybox arrived this morning had a good dig through and was chuffed with the contents ... decieded to have a sniff at a couple of the products ... and found this :)

this is only my 2nd box from the group buy

thanks again Chappers :)

Titanium 182
Well impressed with my little Waxybox this month, I can see this becoming addictive and me ordering one for 12 months of the year :)