ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weak Fan Blowers?? Air con Problem?

Clio 182
The heater/aircon fan is ridiculously weak in my Clio 1.6 16v (52 reg) I know they should be more powerful than they are now as my old clio, same model just 1.2 had a much more powerful 'blow' even when on full wack they're are hardly blowing out air?? starting to get annoying especially with how hot its been and long motorway journeys with the windows down! Need to get it sorted asap so any information is useful or winters going to be a nightmare when it comes to de-misting the windows.

Whilst I'm here might aswell ask if anyone knows the part number for the air con O-rings? my system has a leak and after inspection it seems like its the o rings as all other aspects look top notch?

cheers

Clio 182
fiver says your cabin filter is at least ten years old.

Fiver lost changed every year since new, then was changed when it was passed down to me 4 months ago, checked all round that area made sure there was nothing blocking the flow and it's all clear

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I replaced mine with new o-rings any will do from a car accessories shop. I scuba dive so have plenty of o-rings (they are used on our air tanks).
My blower motor is also weak and I believe it is most likely to be the electrical pack. It's just behind the motor under the scuttle and Renault sell them, but they are over £100. On YouTube I once watched a video about how to use a multi meter to test the system - way beyond me but do a search and you'll find it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I replaced mine with new o-rings any will do from a car accessories shop. I scuba dive so have plenty of o-rings (they are used on our air tanks).

Pretty sure the O-rings that you use on aircon systems are not the same spec as diving gear.

Unless you're using green O-seals on your diving kit :hushed:

dan's cast offs.
Fiver lost changed every year since new, then was changed when it was passed down to me 4 months ago, checked all round that area made sure there was nothing blocking the flow and it's all clear

don't believe you unless you show me all the old filters in one photo...you ain't gettin' a fiver out of me that easy!!

Clio 182
My blower motor is also weak and I believe it is most likely to be the electrical pack. It's just behind the motor under the scuttle and Renault sell them, but they are over £100. On YouTube I once watched a video about how to use a multi meter to test the system - way beyond me but do a search and you'll find it.

seen a few o-ring packs on the internet just wanted to check and make sure you didn't need air con specific ones incase the was slightly different, cheers for the help

Clio 182
had a nice early finish today so thought id do some investigating on the air con system, pulled the front bumper off and checked over all the connections and managed to spot this, some kinda of powdery rust around what looks like a sensor? could this possibly be what is causing me to leak the gas? if so does that whole length of piping have to be replaced (runs across the top of the condenser) or is there just a seal between the pipe and sensor, looks as if its all one part to me?

Attachments

• IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 58