ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wean me off Apple?

I'm not after some apple vs thread but I really fancy a change.

Currently have:
iPhone 4s [upgrade due]
iPad mini
PC with iTunes

iTunes 11 really isn't growing on me and the iphone seems average but I've not used any alternatives? love my mini.

Am discovering Google at the moment, Chrome is great, Drive is awesome and I suspect I can do better than apple for synchronicity?

Anyone else made the switch? If so what did you go with. Sorry if this has been done to death!

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Music wise the Alternative is to move music to Google play.
Its limited to 20,000 songs which is good enough for most.

It imports from iTunes or wherever your music is. Each device can either stream or download directly from Play, but requires a connection when away from your main PC/Mac. Your mini can also work with this system with a third party app (or continue to use iTunes)

Or if you want to manage video, you could use Plex or another alternative.

As for devices i'd stick with anything running stock Android (Nexus 4 currently)

Most app's are on both Android/iOS but you'll need to make sure the ones you use are cross platform or if there's an equivalent.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Matt is correct. TBH i barely use it now anyway, the odd restore perhaps.