ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web cam problem?

I have a packard bell easynote TJ71 and it has a built in web cam but I can not get it to work with my msn messager?? every time I look for the web cam settings on the setup via messanger there isn't any? can any one help please?

Thanks Andy

Ford Focus ST2
If you go in the device manager do you see the webcam listed?

If not you may need to install drivers for it?

What OS are you using (windows XP, Vista, 7?)

Pics of bird your planning a cam2cam with before solution will be revealed.

That would be my wife.

If you go in the device manager do you see the webcam listed?

If not you may need to install drivers for it?

What OS are you using (windows XP, Vista, 7?)

Its laptop is windows 7 but the other computer is XP, will that make a difference? I can not "invite" for a web chat, there is no option for that.

Ford Focus ST2
You need to check in Device Manager

Here's How:
  1. Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
  2. Click on the System and Security link.
  3. Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on Device Manager and then proceed to Step 4.
  4. In the System and Security window, click on the Device Manager link located under the System heading.

Look for Imaging Devices and see if your webcam is listed (if its not try clicking on the imaging device text to expand the list)

You want to see something listed like USB Webcam or Packard Bell Web Cam, and hopefully it will not have a yellow ! to it (like mass storage device) as this means there is a problem!

If its not got any errors then MSN should work, but you could also try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, right click and uninstall them, then when thats done reinstall them or try and run windows update to get the latest version!

See whats happens and post up your results and i will try to help you more!

Rob

You need to check in Device Manager

Here's How:
  1. Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
  2. Click on the System and Security link.
  3. Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on Device Manager and then proceed to Step 4.
  4. In the System and Security window, click on the Device Manager link located under the System heading.

Look for Imaging Devices and see if your webcam is listed (if its not try clicking on the imaging device text to expand the list)

You want to see something listed like USB Webcam or Packard Bell Web Cam, and hopefully it will not have a yellow ! to it (like mass storage device) as this means there is a problem!

If its not got any errors then MSN should work, but you could also try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, right click and uninstall them, then when thats done reinstall them or try and run windows update to get the latest version!

See whats happens and post up your results and i will try to help you more!

Rob

I have done all that and reinstalling the drive and it say its worrking, when I go onto messanger on the laptop it will let me do a video message via the web cam but will not let me select "start a video call"??

Ibiza FR
Sounds like a problem with MSN messenger rather that the actual webcam hardware - try re-installing MSN or download Skype as I said :)

Ford Focus ST2
Sounds like a problem with MSN messenger rather that the actual webcam hardware - try re-installing MSN or download Skype as I said :)

Yeah as MitchW said sounds like a software problem not a hardware problem!

Also have you made sure your not trying to connect with someone on MSN messenger for mac version 7.0.4 and lower as the mac version does not support video calls! (it only supports video from version 8 upwards!)