ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web hosting help?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
can someone give me some advice please.

if you click on my site www.laser-man.co.uk you will see my hosting company has gone bust.

i use joomla to maintain my site.

i am in the process of downloading my site as a backup from the current bust hosting company.

i dont know much about how all these things work. i have purchase new hosting and given them my url. ive had an e-mail saying they have creating my site etc

but how do i get it up and running again? do i just need to upload the backup which im currently downloading onto my new hosting site??

Ultra Red Clio 197
the nameservers of your domain name will need to be changed to point to your new host otherwise when you upload it to the new space it wont work. Your new host will be able to give you their nameservers which you should be able to update within the admin area of the company you purchased the domain from. The process can take anything from 10 mins to 72hrs to update.

X

xnetcoold

can someone give me some advice please.

if you click on my site www.laser-man.co.uk you will see my hosting company has gone bust.

i use joomla to maintain my site.

i am in the process of downloading my site as a backup from the current bust hosting company.

i dont know much about how all these things work. i have purchase new hosting and given them my url. ive had an e-mail saying they have creating my site etc

but how do i get it up and running again? do i just need to upload the backup which im currently downloading onto my new hosting site??

Hello mate.

I'm the web host for clio sport. Do you want me to help?

Tim

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
if i copy everything via ftp from my site, is that everything i need to make my site run on a new host??

do i need to copy anything else???

Ultra Red Clio 197
i explained above what you will need to do!! after transfering all files to the new web space you'll need to change the nameservers of your domain name so that when you type your web address into the browser it will go to the new webspace and not the old webspace that you are currently using.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
geee this web site stuff is tricky!!

on my current hosting there is a backup function and it downloaded a 425mb zip file. but i cannot open or do anything with this zip file?

but i have gona onto my site via ftp and copied everything from ther

Bus w**ker
Andy,
If possible ask your new host to transfer you away from your old host. They will only require the login details to your account on your old hosts servers to do it and as they will be on high tier bandwidth it will only take them a couple of minutes and won't involve any data loss for you. Then once you've changed the DNS server details for your domain at the registrar all will be back up and running once the new IP addresses have propagated.

Most hosts will offer this service for free so it's probably worth asking your new host. BTW that 425mb file will be the file that your new host will use to transfer your full account.

Are you, or were you, with Heart?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ah thanks im kinda with you now.

i was with centrica hosting and have been for like 2-3 years, not had a single problem till now