ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight loss

FredYozzasport said:
small race batts are fine day to day, if you leave them for a while them seem to discharge (ie 5days)

The paperwork that came with the battery says that if the battery fully discharges it will be damaged. It says it shouldnt be left on the car for extended periods because immobilser will drain it.

Lionel Richie
that'll be why ours doesn't hold any charge for any longer than a hour or so! lol

we've had to put an Anderson Jack Plug jumper connection on it so we can run an external boost battery to fire it up!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
FredYozzasport said:
small race batts are fine day to day, if you leave them for a while them seem to discharge (ie 5days)

FredYozzasport said:
that'll be why ours doesn't hold any charge for any longer than a hour or so! lol

we've had to put an Anderson Jack Plug jumper connection on it so we can run an external boost battery to fire it up!

Hmmm make your mind up lol

Notorious said:
MarkM I've enquired about these batteries in the past but have been told they will not be suitable for a day to day car...any problems? The 182 has an awful lot of electric toys...

I have had the battery on for a month now. Starts much better then the standard Renault battery. I have had no problems at all.

The most I have left it for without starting it is around a day and a half. As long as you dont leave it standing for too long and it keeps charged I think it will be fine.

throttle bodied mk2 172
how heavy is spare wheel and jack etc...?also how much will save if take out all the airconditioning stuff?

throttle bodied mk2 172
stripping car is very important for acceleration.i can notice a lot when i drive with a passenger

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Mark....Do you find those figures accurate? (letstorquebhp.com)

If so that is a pretty nice setup and still very much a day to day car as iirc you still have the back seats in etc.

Changing to lightweight wheels could probably save you 15-20kg too.

Dubai182 said:
Mark....Do you find those figures accurate? (letstorquebhp.com)

If so that is a pretty nice setup and still very much a day to day car as iirc you still have the back seats in etc.

Changing to lightweight wheels could probably save you 15-20kg too.

I think they are about right 0-60 in 6ish and 100 in 15ish based on speedo videos which arent that accurate.

I am getting some lighter wheels in a couple of weeks there 7kg each which will save around 12kg total.

I will have to do another speedo video then. The lighter wheels will mean it accellerates faster off a standing start, not sure how much by though.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Are the trophy wheels any lighter than the standard 182 wheels?
If not, what are some good looking light weight wheels to go for?

Marks car does look great!

product_slimfast.jpg

One can in with every tank of petrol and it'll be shedding weight in no time!

throttle bodied mk2 172
FredYozzasport said:
easy, there's nothing inside it apart from a seat

we've even removed most of the wiring loom now
did you take the side skirt and bumbers out aswell?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It is quite amazing how much loghter cars used to be before they had all the crash safety and air bags and air conditioning and electric everything. And how much more powerful engines with twin cams and four valves and fuel injection are than they used to be. The way to getting a fantastic power to weight ratio in an old car is to mate up the two: and older model body shell and and a modern engine. trouble is you also get crappy old-fashioned suspension designed for skilly little tyres. And you don't want to crash.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Id be amazed! Ive had to lug them about a few times and yeah they are silly heavy for a sporty car but that would be 70kgs in total so you would loose 60kg odd with a pair of monacos, thats too much to be right imo. But agreed you would lose a decent chuck of weight, maybe 20-30kgs total

throttle bodied mk2 172
he is talking about full fat 172 seats with airbag.i think they are 35 kg or something like that

M2 Competition
Frasers Cup said:
Thats if you have the heavy non cup items with the airbags. I'd assume the std 172 cup seats will be much lighter....

172 cup seats weigh a ton! Ive got two in me garage!