ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird 'coming loose' noise from front-right and shaking when braking

I've had this problem previous where a change of discs sorted it, which previous to that I had the same problem and solution.
Now its done it for the 3rd time.

I also get a nasty clunk when turning the wheel alot at low speed, i.e. parking. I can also feel the clunk through the wheel.

Something badly wrong going on at the front of my car.

Any suggestions because I know if I change the discs again it will fix it, for about 2 weeks!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Jack the front of your car up and grab it top and bottom then left and right and check for play, I suggest not driving it until you have done so, the last time when you changed disks and it sorted it I imagine would have been juddering under braking and you had warped disks

Discs don't rattle loose. It's impossible unless the wheel is falling off. The last time it was fixed was a by-product of the discs being changed. You wanna be looking for calliper problems IMO. Basically a full health check in that area, and definitely don't drive it in the meantime!

OK I won't drive it, hopefully I can get a garage to look at it today.

The right side rack rods has a lot of play which seems to be 'playing' from the centre of the rack.
OR It may just be the track rod end on the right side, because the left hand side had this problem (not so bad) a few months back which was cured with a new track rod end.
I'll buy one today, fit it and see what happens.

Tracking will be done today also as that hasn't been done since forever.

Turns out my steering rack is fucked so have a new one and track rod end in the garden ready for tommorow morning.

New steering rack fitted this morning.
The thing was a b**ch to get off and on the bolts are so awkward to get too!

So right now im sitting in the garage waiting for tracking to be done.

Nothing at the mo :(
Sure it wasnt just loose steering rack bolts? Mine was clunking.. tightened up the bolts a bit and its stopped