ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Quirks

Clio 182
Out of interest, does anyone else's car do weird things from time to time?

Every now and again, when I go to wash the windscreen in my 182, I pull the stalk the front jets squirt and the rear wiper goes. Leaving me with a soaked front screen and a squeaking blade on the rear window.

I'd say it does it 10% of the time... But every time it does it it creeps me out.
Anyone else's car got a little 'personality'? Or is it just me!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My windscreen wipers have a mind of their own, pissing it down sometimes they go to intermittent, spitting they go mental and act like it's a monsoon, only happens every now and again, most of the time they do as their told.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
All my sports and standards did that at various times. Think there's a trick to turn on the rear washers automatically like you can do with auto lights. But even if I knew how to do it, it would be completely useless as the washer pump isn't powerful enough to do both.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My speedo likes to die and it makes there be a mini power surge, then when it comes back to life it feels like it holds back a bit. Happens very rarely but its odd. New speedo drive sensor I think.