ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird wobbling developed while driving 500 miles - any ideas?

Clio 182
Clio 182 FF - 2004 - 89k miles

I drove from Bath to Aberdeen yesterday, so a solid 500 miles, and during the drive every now and then the accelerator would start to wobble/vibrate quite aggressively and it would get progressively worse if i kept my food down. It felt like more than just the pedal wobbling but I have never experienced anything like it before and have no idea where to even start. Anybody have any suggestions to what this could be or a similar issue in the past? Its hard to describe exactly what it feels like, but it happened 7 or 8 times on and off. As soon as i released the accelerator again it would return to normal, even putting my foot back on the accelerator immediately. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Clio 182
wheel bolts loose?

It felt very much like major wheel wobble on the drivers side so i immediately pulled over and check all wheels, they were all completely fine. It almost feels like the whole engine moving - might be the mounts?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It felt very much like major wheel wobble on the drivers side so i immediately pulled over and check all wheels, they were all completely fine. It almost feels like the whole engine moving - might be the mounts?
I once snapped the bolts in the main top engine mount. Caused very similar issues. Check those by hand first.