ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weitec Coilovers

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Has anyone fitted them as of yet? They are made by KW and seem to just be the slightly cheaper version of the brand. I know a chap fitted them to a MK3, but what about a 172/182 ....

Everyone says get H&Rs, but they are quite simply silly money, i want coilovers as its going to be hitting the 'ring/Spa this summer & various other UK tracks and it will be getting set up properly. But a grand for suspension is daft, id be better off selling the cup, buying an evo, then spending the money on petrol :race:

White Sti Hatch
That chap would be me :)

Unsure if itll be the same with the 1*2 sets but mine is rather bouncy ride but it all comes down to "You Get What You Pay For"

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Go for the Fk's, I have some KW variant1's on my car and they are absolutly crap, so i can't imagine the cheaper version would be better.
They are bumpy as hell, and the height adjusting nuts are made from plastic FFS

SchwepTek™
I'm in the same boat Dave, cant afford H&Rs and am waiting for some second hand ones but have been looking at Weitec, FKs and Gaz.

White Sti Hatch
Ive had my Weitecs on for 1200 Miles now and will say they are bouncy on rough roads but i can live with it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Re: Highsport, Weitec or Variant 1

Quick update: It seems that Highsports are available cheaper than the Weitecs, so im probably going to go with those. It would also appear that the Konigsports Koni rear dampers are only adjustable off the car, i cant be bothered with that so non-adjustable is the way im going.

Maybe get Silverlines, but again, once they're on and properly setup, they wont be farted about with so it wont matter too much if they get a bit of surface rust i dont think :)

Ph-Quick
As yes forgot about Venom from my golf gti days! Shall take a look now but that price sounds good to me!

Ph-Quick
Ordered a set of fk's from demon yesterday! Excellent price! Dave did you ever order yours? If so how long until they arrived as they don't have them in stock.

Paul

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I didnt order them in the end, my blooming exhaust fell off :banghead: what with 4 new contis and a nice new brake setup from Yoz, they'll have to wait a while me thinks :)

Hurry up and fit yours so you can give me a full review :rasp:

Ph-Quick
Lol, gotta hate that! My exhaust is in a similar condition..... so I ordered one from Yoz!! I'll have them fitted as soon as they arrive! Got MOT at the end of the month so hopefully i'll have everything in time for that!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I was thinking of Gaz coilovers after finding some new ones for about 435 I think it was - either that or Avos. Had Avos before on a 205 gti and they were great, and my mate has gaz on his Scoob and they seem excellent. For the money I'd go with either of those as they are both damping and height adjustable.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
guys check out my project thread in the media section, i went through all this dilemma and purchased fk konigsports

not sure what you are on about only adjustable off the car, thats rubbish....lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Was what i read on seatcupra.net i think - got fed up with everyone telling me to buy H&Rs on here :rolleyes: so went elsewhere for advice lol. So the Konigsports are fully height & damping adjustable on the car?

If so, i may have to pay the extra ;)
What are your thoughts so far Mr Reebone ...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
they are height and damping adjustable on the car but to be honest once they are on and set up at a certain height there is no point in changing the height.

as for the ride i haven't changed the hardness or anything, they are technically out of the box, and bloody hell they are lovely, sucha good ride, don't know where people get the idea they are crashy.....middo has them aswell

pm me if you are interested and i will give you a contact number of the person i got them from, very cheap compared to others

neil

clio172 phase 1
they are height and damping adjustable on the car but to be honest once they are on and set up at a certain height there is no point in changing the height.

as for the ride i haven't changed the hardness or anything, they are technically out of the box, and bloody hell they are lovely, sucha good ride, don't know where people get the idea they are crashy.....middo has them aswell

pm me if you are interested and i will give you a contact number of the person i got them from, very cheap compared to others

neil

is that an open invitation ???
i'm looking for coil overs too......;)

Chocolate Bar™
I've had KW V2s and swapped em for konigsports. In all honest bloody love my fks, no matter what people say about them being hard they're not at all, they're a better ride than the kws (however the kws were race spec ones)

if you want a set try rimstyle, i've heard they're cheap