ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well She's Gone

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've finally sold my clio, Not saying how much as I'll just get the old, I told you so comments, It was a mistake, Its happened now, And I've moved on :)

The young kid comes to pick it up tomorrow, He Doesn't spend alot of time with his Father, So hopefully, Giving this the TLC it needs will bring him and His Dad closer. Really seems a nice chap.

A Bit sad to see it go, But onwards and upwards as they say :)

DSC01093.gif

DSC01110.gif

DSC01101.gif

DSC01105.gif

DSC01192.gif

DSC01190.gif

fcs007.jpg

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Going to do the same with mine when i get it back lol!

As seb said what next? and are you keeping the new car standerd?

Sounds like your in a bit of admitance about the typical "mobds loose price when selling" kinda state, if so I would suggest you not think of that mate, better to loose a few £'s doing what you enjoyed than the alternatve!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Fred: Thanks. I loved it I really did, But I put so much money into it, I was skint all the while, Couldn't go out and was scared to drive it. IT basically needs a touch up on bodywork (few fibreglass cracks) The Interior sorting and a new Engine. Obviously that work reflected the price.

Well, I'm 20 at the moment, Earning quite a bit more money then I was back in the day, I've still got a few debts to settle, Nothing big, But I'm not buying a new one till I've got The CASH to buy and insure the new car.

Looking at waiting till winter when I'm 21, And Buying an 2003 Astra 2.0 Turbo Convertable, In Gunmetal grey, With a few bhp increases, Some Nice alloys and some coilovers.

The only thing with me is I'm a sucker for paying over the odds. I'd much rather buy one thats £9kish, With super low miles and the spec I want, Even though there are good ones for £6-7kish.

It must have leather too, and Under 40k. In fact leather, colour and low mileage are mroe important to me than the engine, I'd prob go for a 2.2 16v over the Turbo, If it had the correct combo of mileage, colour and options.

Also looked at a Civic Type R, But I'm just not sure if its what I'm after (A Hot Hatch). Its the only hot hatch in my budget I'd consider.

Also looked at a Mk 4 Golf GTI, But I'd end up body kitting it (Admitedly not to the spec of the Clio, But R32 Panels etc etc.

Ideally would like the Astra Cab, Then upgrade to a E46 330ci Cab a few years later.

If they made a 3 Door LCR, I wouldn't be looking anywhere else.

I just want something with a few toys, And More importantly is NEW and low mileage. Did look at the S14's, But I know if I waited a few years, Kept the metro, And even kept earning what I do now, I'd be able to have an Evo/Scooby, Which IMO is the ultimate Japanesse car.

I'm in no rush. I've got my £400 Metro, That I can leave where I want, and Costs me £12 a week in petrol.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
did you get more than a 1/4 of what it cost you?

TBH it really was in a state. It didnt run, It needed a new engine plus ancillaries and probably a fully body respray. I'd say it needed a new interor too, a New front window and handbrake cable.

It prob needs £4k spending and that on the cheap. Those pics are from the good old days :(

Less than a grand I got

so you spent over 10k or something? and nothing to show for it. not having a go, sure you enjoyed it while you had it. must have money to burn though lol

D

dick

thats a shame mate, looks a minter back then, really does.

a car is rarely an investment, so dnt think about it like that. you had fun doing it, and fun costs money.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
the car looks great not over the top like some iv seen with huge spoilers etc and cannons for zorsts

Leon Cupra R 225
I'm not a fan of kitted cars but this is the best "kitted" clio I've seen so far tbh.

Actually looks like a decently done job unlike the majority rolling around.

Good effort, onwards and upwards!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
You're going to spend all that money on an astra cab... :S

Huh?

In terms of modifying it, I'm sure I'd get more "bang for the buck" modifying an Astra Cab with a Turbo'd 2.0 engine, Than I would trying to make a 182 faster.

Or do you mean spending £8-9k on one in the first place?

I'd love a 182, I've got a hell of alot of respect for them ,But they are French,

M135i
im not usually a fan of kitted cars but i can tell an awful lot of time and effort has been put into that. top marks.