ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 9th of June

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Well i've just cleaned my TB and washed my foam filter, it's got a ph1 paper element in it atm,
depending on how it drives I might leave it in for the run.

It also goes in for it's new rad tomorrow.

I hope to f*ck nothing else goes wrong with the thing before Saturday,
b1tch is trying to put me in the f*cking poor house. :dapprove:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Well i've just cleaned my TB and washed my foam filter, it's got a ph1 paper element in it atm,
depending on how it drives I might leave it in for the run.

It also goes in for it's new rad tomorrow.

I hope to f*ck nothing else goes wrong with the thing before Saturday,
b1tch is trying to put me in the f*cking poor house. :dapprove:

Dave...least if you spend the cash on her...she wont need serious money spending for a wee while hopefully.

You wouldnt be without it though as smiles per pound spent you cant get any better for the money.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I thought about it logically today and that rad is 10 years old, it did well to last this long tbh,
i've still got a full belt service to do this year, not to mention the slow sump gasket leak
& upgrading the original engine mount you can move by hand. :S

Exotic French b1tches do like money spent on them.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Get it to Fred's Adam and get both your cat and decat sleeve jointed.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Ffs the b & q mod hasn't worked bolts out again.I need a fix before the weekend :(

Nooo and you didn't get a picture of it :( it was soo gangster. Better not offer my skills to anyone else then, was just about to launch my company 'Bodge-it Motorsport'
To be fair I'm actually impressed it made it though the day and back home (would have been bad if the whole lot had broke at the top of the mountain so it served the purpose it was intended for haha)

Note to self: next time listen to Ad and buy the 'no more nails'

Not long now and a problem!! my chav brother has dropped out due to moving house.

So there is now another space if anyone wants it? just have to give me the £10 deposit on the day.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Not long now and a problem!! my chav brother has dropped out due to moving house.

So there is now another space if anyone wants it? just have to give me the £10 deposit on the day.

So that is 3 people out so far...your bro...Wocka and Tom C...so might need big push with friends to see if anyone else fancies it.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
How important is it that the spaces are filled?

I might pester some friends if its important they get filled

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've asked my mate too but no reply yet. Will try again though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
How important is it that the spaces are filled?

I might pester some friends if its important they get filled

We've said 23 spaces...and for the price of 30 notes...we need to fill the spaces so we have enough people to get the cheap price. Its not imperative, but would rather have the numbers if we can as it bodes well for our word. If you can, then we can get deposits back to those who arent running...as I've paid 150 deposit with rest there to cover deposits for the others.

If you can Jord...give us a shout. :)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Ok don a mate of mine is really interested, he asked a few question that I said I'd double check with.

Is rear wheel drive ok?
Is stupidly low ok?

Rear wheel drive is fine, about lowness i don't know as you need to drive over the rear roller which is like a speed bump

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As Martin has said really...depends on how low it is...as if its too low, might not get good contact with rollers

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It actually ain't that low, he thinks it is, thought I'd best ask the question haha

Is there a running order btw? Or will they decide upon arrival

Random selection once the disclaimer is signed unless you have stated to Don you want an earlier/later slot. they do write a list of the order on a board once selected..

also remember that once you have signed the disclaimer if your car blows up they are not liable;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
dam it i'll have to take that out!!!!!!

You do have a 'triads' number plate...so something dead in the boot is done thing, isnt it? ;)

Cant believe theres only a couple of days to this...came round so quickly!!!

Why would it blow up? I thrash it on the road everyday

Why would a rolling road be any different? Ha

yep but when you thrash it on the road it gets alot more air pass over the block and through the rad. on the rollers there is only a couple of fans which don't replicate exact driving conditions. so everything is running hotter than normal due to not enough cool air passing through.

jons valver at the last one let go and pumed smoke everywhere.

not to worry though all adds to the excitement lol

You do have a 'triads' number plate...so something dead in the boot is done thing, isnt it? ;)

Cant believe theres only a couple of days to this...came round so quickly!!!

Will we get lost this time Don fpmsl:rasp: