ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Westfield ceased tradingšŸ™

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted. Great cars. Some of my first motorsport experiences were spannering on a westie.
FACAAD84-8922-4D70-8C6B-CB6CE519B634.jpeg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very sad news. Strange reading this bit though, Westfield Sports Cars had just Ā£25,722 in cash at the end of last year, along with stock worth Ā£2.2 million and debits of Ā£1.76 million. How modes that work? Seems there was more value than debt.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Very sad news. Strange reading this bit though, Westfield Sports Cars had just Ā£25,722 in cash at the end of last year, along with stock worth Ā£2.2 million and debits of Ā£1.76 million. How modes that work? Seems there was more value than debt.
They didnā€™t have the ability to service the debt in cash so couldnā€™t trade as a going concern. Also no mention of not tangible the assets are to be able to convert them into cash.

People associate Westfield with the sports/kit cars, but there are nine other associated businesses, for example Chesil Speedster 356 Replicas and Autonomous vehicles. I've read elsewhere that some directors benefited from Covid grants, so all may not be as it seems.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
People associate Westfield with the sports/kit cars, but there are nine other associated businesses, for example Chesil Speedster 356 Replicas and Autonomous vehicles. I've read elsewhere that some directors benefited from Covid grants, so all may not be as it seems.

A lot of directors did in many companies joke it was!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
They must have been doing something seriously wrong. Kit cars manufacturers had a seriously good time of it last year.

I think its the supply chain issues meant they could not manage the cashflow.

Caterham had a record year of sales but didn't make a profit. Cars are being endlessly delayed, sat in the factory, waiting for random parts to arrive.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
I think its the supply chain issues meant they could not manage the cashflow.

Caterham had a record year of sales but didn't make a profit. Cars are being endlessly delayed, sat in the factory, waiting for random parts to arrive.
Thatā€™s before you even scratch the surface of the quality issues. Not from a Westfield point of view, but most manufacturers. Parts are hard to come by and component manufacturers are seeking alternatives to huge delays with existing suppliers. This can result in sub-standard supplies. Theyā€™re victims of their industry.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

You can't pay employees or supplier invoices or bank interest with your stock of kit car parts unfortunately.

They may well have been trading profitably, but without working capital the blood just doesn't flow.

2014 Clio 200t edc
You can't pay employees or supplier invoices or bank interest with your stock of kit car parts unfortunately.

They may well have been trading profitably, but without working capital the blood just doesn't flow.
Yeah I kind of feel thick for writing it now looking at it. Shame though and must be horrible for the employees, I bet a fair few have been there since the start.
hopefully they get bought up though and donā€™t disappear.