ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests Widetracked Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

Discounted 1*2 parts
Yea, nothing is ever simple with cars, started with a wheel bearing, ended up with a gearbox fault!

Picked up a used box from RenParts last night (thanks Josh for staying late so I could collect)

Hopefully get the box in later this evening :)

Jobs for this weekend if the box cures my problem....
  • Fit 3/4 number plate
  • Fit stud conversion
  • Fit spacers
  • BLOODY GOOD CLEAN!

Clio dci
Hi West
car looks spot on
been working on my sons 65. Have changed a lot of it to 172/182 parts.
have done the rear disco convention and now have all the front bits
lower arms
drive shafts
hubs
discs callipers
shocks
springs

Just have a quick question, do I need to change the steering rod ends or is there enough thread to just wind them out.
on the other hand what did you do?
Thanks mate
kev

P.s good luck with the gearbox and keep the mods coming, I'm hooked and my son is loving it.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Hi West
car looks spot on
been working on my sons 65. Have changed a lot of it to 172/182 parts.
have done the rear disco convention and now have all the front bits
lower arms
drive shafts
hubs
discs callipers
shocks
springs

Just have a quick question, do I need to change the steering rod ends or is there enough thread to just wind them out.
on the other hand what did you do?
Thanks mate
kev

P.s good luck with the gearbox and keep the mods coming, I'm hooked and my son is loving it.

Hi Kev

No we used the original rack and joints etc. Just need to get the alignment done afterwards as the tracking will be about 3 degrees out!

Tom

Clio dci
Great, nice1 Tom.
Will be attacking it this weekend coming, along with the 182 rear bumper + exhaust and electric sun roof.
thanks
kev

Subaru impreza
Hi just read this from start to finish awesome work :) but seriously you must of spent so much money on this to look like a sport could of bought a real nice one with all the money

Clio dci
If toms anything like me.
then we both know how to get hold of a bargain.
my 172 rear axle complete with good discs and pads only cost me 99p from my favourite bargain bucket EBay!

Kev

Discounted 1*2 parts
Hi tom
you doing or going to do the fourth engine mount mod?

Kev

No plans to fit any other engine mounts, not sure which one you mean? I guess the bottom gearbox mount?

Doubt it'd be worth it.

Hi just read this from start to finish awesome work :) but seriously you must of spent so much money on this to look like a sport could of bought a real nice one with all the money

Thanks :) a lot of the parts came from my 172 when I broke it so didn't cost me a penny!

If toms anything like me.
then we both know how to get hold of a bargain.
my 172 rear axle complete with good discs and pads only cost me 99p from my favourite bargain bucket EBay!

Kev

All about eBay bargains!

Discounted 1*2 parts
No pics this weekend due to crappy weather on Sunday but new box is in, just a few small things to finish tomorrow.

Will be going up for sale in the next few months to make way for the next project/toy :)

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
i did the dog bone mount on mine with poly bushes and by god did it vibrate, ok driving., gutted your selling it. didnt you have a 182?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Your going to regret selling it Tom lol. What's next?

Impreza STI next :)

I'm sure I'll miss it but got a jap itch that needs scratching before I have to get some sensible for the 'future' lol

i did the dog bone mount on mine with poly bushes and by god did it vibrate, ok driving., gutted your selling it. didnt you have a 182?

Did have a 182 but sold it pretty quickly as I wasn't using it and knew in the back of my mind it wasn't what I wanted!

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Shame to see this go!
Hopefully new owner will treat it as well as yourself!

Brilliant project thread Tom!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Cheers for the comments as always guys!

Just out of interest does everyone think the price I have advertised her at is about right? Don't want to give it away, but on the same token, don't want it sitting around for months on end!

Discounted 1*2 parts
about £1k up on what a totally stock similar spec costs...
but a truly unique well looked after example....

i would be extremely tempted....

Cheers, hopefully the price is right, I'm open to offers anyway :)

looks good- one little niggle £4 black bumper inserts to finish ;)

S

Lol, I bought some of these from Ady @ N2Grafix at CSS and have never got round to fitting them!

Discounted 1*2 parts
So the DCI sold at the weekend to another member on here (AdamSmith) and did a part exchange with his 172 cup. Hopefully Adam will look after her the way I did and keep this thread up to date with any changes etc :)

Missing her already due to the amount of time/effort/money I put in but I'm more than happy with the cup :)

Final pics including xenons and cup spoiler with the new cup :)

P1020144.jpg

P1020143.jpg

P1020140-1.jpg

P1020141.jpg

P1020142.jpg

P1020146.jpg

P1020145.jpg

DCi 80 DieselSport
You can rest assured she's in good hands Tom, I'll start a new thread in the coming weeks. Already got a few things lined up....

Discounted 1*2 parts
You can rest assured she's in good hands Tom, I'll start a new thread in the coming weeks. Already got a few things lined up....

Spill the beans lol

I don't mind if u want to carry on using this thread, just pm a moderator to change the title into your name :)

P.s the spare key arrived yesterday thanks