ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What 300mm discs to go for.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im wanting to get some new discs. I have the Brembo conversion and need 300mm scenic type discs.

There are a few options so thought I would ask for opinions.
First up is the usual 300mm Brembo. These are just plain ordinary HC discs.
brembo_discs_vented_rtr_2_2.jpg

Second option are discs from Mtecbrakes
You cant get these as plain discs and they only come in the styles below. You can also get the discs coated too which im quite interested in.
5styles1.jpg
gold_edition_2discs.jpg
black_edition1.jpg

If price wasnt an issue what discs would you choose. I dont have 500 quid for bell and rotors unfortunately.

Go for the Brembo. If you want grooves get a local engineering company to machine them for you. The last ones I had done were £50 cash.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Go for the Brembo. If you want grooves get a local engineering company to machine them for you. The last ones I had done were £50 cash.

Would not recommend this.

If you put the grooves in the wrong place it can weaken the disc.

They have to sit in between the vent vains, and aren't they usually a curve rather than straight?

Same goes for drilling them.

Would not recommend this.

If you put the grooves in the wrong place it can weaken the disc.

They have to sit in between the vent vains, and aren't they usually a curve rather than straight?

Same goes for drilling them.
I would agree with the drilling, but as for grooves I'm not so convinced, they are only deep enough so when they disappear the disk is as minimum thickness. The ones I've had done in the past have proved to have no issues.
The number of disks available with curved groove on straight vane, straight groove on curved vane and J hooks on both types I don't see a major issue - but that's my take on it.