ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What alarm

pikeys are doing cars over near me every night it seems, local rags allege that a professional car gang are in the local area, i am going to install an alarm and would appreciate any advice on which one to install and likely cost, i have a 2002 1.4 16v Dynamique which only has an immobiliser so any help would be appreciated

apart from an alarm get a disclok for it,

wicked visual deterrent.

in terms if an alarm, you cant go far wrong with a clifford (if its fitted right as ive read loads of stories on them not being fitted properly)

or a cobra

(most cliffords etc are but .. get a cat1)

Ive got a Toad C5 (Cat 1), quality alarm, never had any problems. Only herad good things about Clifford too.

Jon

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Gap Security do a pay-monthly scheme for Clifford alarm buying.

You pay a deposit of say £50, then pay £10 a month + £3 (for extra enhancements ie- Duel Sensors).

Seems a good deal, and for £10 a month that a nice bit of reassurance.

GAP suck avoid totally as do clifford IMO and everyone else i know who has owned a car with one fitted or had one installed, id go for cobra or toad ive had a couple of cobra alarms and theyve been great a few other peeps i know have had cobras or toads (some to replace the cliffords they were unhappy with) and all have had nothing but good things to say about them

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Ive got a clifford concept 300 apparently u can do the windows/headlights/start the car with the thing! also theres this bar on the inside of the windscreen whats that all about?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i have a clifford consept 300 and they arnt sh*t alarms as some people say they are very good IF installed correctly, dont go with gap though i went with them and regretted it they did a really bad install and then the after purchase support was CRAP, i tryed to get it sorted but they were sh*t, had to get it fitted propperly somewhere else.

if u want a good alarm and arnt fussed about the cat 1 go with the clifford matrix as u can get them with intellistart and all the sensors for not much more that the consept 300.

Clifford, if installed correctly are great. Mines great.. and the dual zone proxes are cool. Couldnt have intellistart cus of the second immobilser.. but then, thats just a gimmick anyway.

Bar on the inside of the windscreen is the arial probably? They had to put it in cus people were complaining about the range of the fob - mine works from the other side of the house.. inside.. goes for a long way.. heh. Glad it does.. was raining loads the other day - and car was parked a way away, so I Zapped it and ran.. perfect.. HEH.