ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What amp for the window switches?

Hi,

Just a quick question as I don't have access to my car at the minute and am looking at ordering some things for it. I'm going to be rewiring my window switches to new switches in the centre console. Could somebody please tell me what amp switches I need?

Thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
If you are bypassing the uch relays then u need a switch with a large current capacity, but i you are just re locating them then udomt need huge switches

renault clio 1.4 16v
then you should be able to use fairly small switches, just be careful what you use as the wiring is a bit strange, the passenger side is wired through the driver side, ive made up a pin out diagram but i couldn't replicate the diagram with a 6 poll switch, need a 9 poll or something as there is a cross over... or... can just do what i did and bypass the passenger window driver side switch and run one switch for the driver side and one for the passenger side...

then you should be able to use fairly small switches, just be careful what you use as the wiring is a bit strange, the passenger side is wired through the driver side, ive made up a pin out diagram but i couldn't replicate the diagram with a 6 poll switch, need a 9 poll or something as there is a cross over... or... can just do what i did and bypass the passenger window driver side switch and run one switch for the driver side and one for the passenger side...

Thanks for the advice. Would you be able to show me the pinout by any chance? Cheers.