ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What can i do to the 1.4 RT?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
to get it to go a bit quicker?

Any help would be great. So far ive gained a little more acceleration by ditching the 17's and going for some 15's instead. Other than that all ive done is serviced it.

Cheers;)

53 Clio's & counting
lol if im honest IMO not much mate, you dont want to throwa load of moey at it, a better exhaust, and a cold feed filter will help, the only other thing id suggest is strip it, will make more of a difference and is free! lol

id also say change the brakes and suspension before any engine mods

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
lol if im honest IMO not much mate, you dont want to throwa load of moey at it, a better exhaust, and a cold feed filter will help, the only other thing id suggest is strip it, will make more of a difference and is free! lol

id also say change the brakes and suspension before any engine mods

What your saying about brakes make sense. Do all the smaller engined clios have those pathetic discs on the front of em.

Anyone know what discs and callipers will fit straight on?

6/468 17poo
i used to have a mk1 's' was my pride and joy!

I kept it pretty standard engine wise but did put on superleggeras (15s) koni suspension and uprated the brakes and it was 10x better!

oh had a decat and exhaust which tbh didnt do much but looked pretty!

wouldnt bother with silly air filters just get a replacement element that worked well on mine (itg)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
the brakes of a clio dci are the same as on the valver or williams and i think they fit straight on so id fit some of them , no point going fast if you cant slow down in time

i had one before the dci i stripped mine and fitted buckets and was already lowerd and had a decent 2.5'' rolled exhaust . but was on steelies but with good tyres . and if i had the choice i would do that again but with alloys this time

Last edited:
  Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Think im just gonna get the handling a bit better.

My mate was going on about something he heard today saying there was a way of getting a 1.8 Laguna injection system or something like that and put it on. Any truth to this?

Yous Do know its a mk2 ph1 and not a mk1 dont yous?

Last edited:
  6/468 17poo
yeah same energy engine isnt it?

if it is you can get the laguna injection thing to fit somehow someone did it ages ago!

tiTTy & SV650
My mum had a 1.2 Dynamique mk2 ph2 and the brakes were very sharp as standard stupidly powerful

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Prob buy something else if I wanted more speed.

Its not that im trying to get silly gains on my bhp but if i can do some cheapish stuff to it while ive got it the now then why not. Ive got 4 months til 1yrs ncb then ill get something with a bit more oomph

320d
My mum had a 1.2 Dynamique mk2 ph2 and the brakes were very sharp as standard stupidly powerful

Because they use Williams front calipers on the non RS ph2 Clio's. They're good stoppers, haven't realy noticed the brakes are much better on my 172, I try and avoid braking hard anyway though when pressing on I prefare to be smooth rather than outright fast, no need for over using the brakes on road imo.