ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car are these driveshafts from?

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Hey folks

After checking loads of things and coming to the conclusion that my 172 needed a new gearbox it turned out that the previous owner had actually fitted driveshafts that were too long :eek:

So new ones fitted and the cars perfect.

So im now left with 2 new driveshafts that have done about 500 miles and are as new condition. But I don't know what they are from. The last owner bought them from his old work(auto parts place) so I assume when the re was typed in the computer thought it was just a clio. The passenger side shaft is about an inch too long but I didn't measure if the driers side was too long.

So I've got 2 part number
-SHAR209AR
-SHAR209AL

Could anyone that works at a motor factors or parts place have a quick look to see if they are on the system and what car they are for?

Previous owner paid £136 plus vat EACH :eek: and they are wrong lol.

Cheers

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
C7DC08EE-0324-4721-8C2D-610F34F3D9B9-367-000000A836654E19.jpg

That's the passenger side ones. Proper length is the one on the left. So about an inch longer or so. I've not measured the drivers side one so don't know if/by how much longer it is. There both basically brand new. Pm if you want proper lengths in mm and more pics.