ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car from the RS range for £4.5k?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Insurance seems to be becoming a little more friendly on hot hatches so I'm wondering where the people of CS would put their money?

Budget is 4.5k maybe 5k for something very good.

Nice 182?
Not so nice Trophy?
Early 197?
Meganes to be had at this money worth talking about?
Other options?

Thanks

Renaultsport Twingo
Not sure if you can get a twingo in that price range. Mine was 6500 17000 miles 1 lady owner warranty etc

A good deal if you can get the extra cash. Piece of kind too being so new.

Plus its only 3 secs a lap slower than a clio 200 round rockingham while being cheaper to insure run and tax!

Or you could get a nice 1*2 these days for that sort of cash?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Twingo is a bit too small and too similar to the Yaris imo although I haven't driven one. Looking for a slightly larger car than the Yaris and some more power and better handling which is why I was thinking RS range. Maybe a trackday or two aswell!

Renaultsport Twingo
Youd be shocked at the space of it in there as its quite tall. I have the sliding rear seats so even more room. Think theres more room in a twingo than a clio2 rs

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Youd be shocked at the space of it in there as its quite tall. I have the sliding rear seats so even more room. Think theres more room in a twingo than a clio2 rs

my friend has a blue twingo 133 and i said the same to him miles more room in them, quite deceiving little things

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Yaris is tall and has sliding rear seats but it's still not big and definitely smaller inside and boot compared to a Mk2Ph2 Clio

Renaultsport Twingo
Looks like youll be wanting an r26 or 197 then.

Good luck though at that price!

Ediy. Blimey that r26 is cheap! I'd havebit ifbut wasnt for the fact something must be wrong and the fact my clock reads27000

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can get a 197 for 4.5k surely!

Buy Luke's Trophy!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I got that impression. They are great wee cars with a few choice mods. Need to get a few bits on to my new one to make it feel like my old one did

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
2000 posts! Only took me 9 years :cool:

Last edited:
  Ph1 T
Ph1 all the way with plenty of money left, had a 182 last year with a fair bit of money in it it was good just prefer my ph1 with money in it

225 Cup & Williams
I got that impression. They are great wee cars with a few choice mods. Need to get a few bits on to my new one to make it feel like my old one did

They really are and I don't think you realise it until you sell it. Your new one looks mint I really like it shame about what happened to the flamer that was or is nice still.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yeah I was gutted tbh, had spent a fair bit on it and i was really enjoying driving it hadn't had any problems at all, new one is mint and I prefer the colour just needs a few mods fitted and she will be perfect

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
No one is feeling the R26 I posted then?

Not a big fan of the Ph1's looks although I'm sure its a great drive!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd buy a trophy. Purely for the fact the residuals are the best in the RS range.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
A Trophy with Xenons and a few other CS Sheep/OEM+ mods could be exactly what the Doctor ordered.

Just seen a mint looking red Megane on here too.

Realistic MPG of the two? I'm getting 45mpg in the Yaris atm with tootling to and from work all week at 50/60mph on main roads and driving at the weekends which is excellent imo!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im getting 22-25mpg from the meg around town, on a run to newcastle I got 35ish

My old clio did 35Mpg round town and 45 on a run

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Just sent you a PM there. Never seen your latest post. Sounds good. Any recent threads worth having a nosey at now?