ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Colour Bullets?

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
I'm thinking of changing the colour of the bullets on my Monaco Ph2 172.

What colour would look best I was thinking black with silver 2.0 16v or carbon with with silver 2.0 16v and matching Renault Diamonds?

Monaco 172
I have a set from spray shack for sale if your interested. Monaco background silver writing. Pm me if interested. Rob

Colour code the boot button?

Like this:

Untitled-2.png

I think you should have Monaco background and silver lettering for bullets, then spray your diamonds In the same silver so it gets rid of the chrome look :)

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
I bought Rob's (flat-eric) Spray Shack Monaco with silver lettered bullets this morning. I like the carbon with the silver boot button, did you do the front in carbon as well, but not sure if carbon and Monaco would look as good.

Ah nice one :) yeah front badge is carbon as well. Not sure if it'd look right on a Monaco, maybe if you've got other black/carbon bits it'd work though. What colour are your wheels?

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
The wheels are currently as they come from the factory but thinking of getting them refurbished in black.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Don't let that put you off mate, I didn't even know how to get my bullets and badges off,
not to mention the fact i've never sprayed anything in my life.

The best way to learn is by doing,
I don't have pics of all my badges and diamonds, but this is the one i'm most proud of.

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
Looks like a good job on the diamond.

Is it a case of popping the bullets off?

Don't let that put you off mate, I didn't even know how to get my bullets and badges off,
not to mention the fact i've never sprayed anything in my life.

The best way to learn is by doing,
I don't have pics of all my badges and diamonds, but this is the one i'm most proud of.

Yeah that's the best way mate, just give everything a go and if you get really stuck I'm sure a few people on here will help you out :)

P.S. Dave, everytime I see your avatar it reminds me of 'The Stig' from Top Gear. Just thought I'd let you know :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a good job on the diamond.

Is it a case of popping the bullets off?

Pretty much, wrap the end of a flat head screwdriver in gaffa tap,
slide it underneath the front of the bullet and just lever it off.

Dave, everytime I see your avatar it reminds me of 'The Stig' from Top Gear. Just thought I'd let you know :)

Lol how so, I don't remember a TG episode where the Stig passed out drunk in a tent. haha

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right I get it now, I just put the computer on the other side of the room and squinted at it,
it does sort of look like a sky blue Stig helmet. lol

ph2 172
The diamonds and bullets on my iceberg 172 are sprayed in Ford Thistle Purple and now i've seen this thread i think i might colour code my boot button.
It really makes the rear diamond stand out.