ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What CV Boot clips do you use

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
So usually I use the boot clamps in picture 1, but I have absolutely no clearance on my Megane 225 cv joints so need the most slimline clamps I can get. I had to use a metal cable tie type like pic 2 as its all I had to hand.

So what clamps do you lot use and what would you recommend out of these

Screenshot_20230815_113226_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230815_113158_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230815_113152_eBay.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I usually use the Oetiker clamps like pic 1.

How much clearance do you need?

Can you clamp them down tight and then flatten the tab a bit more with a hammer, i've done that before.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I usually use the Oetiker clamps like pic 1.

How much clearance do you need?

Can you clamp them down tight and then flatten the tab a bit more with a hammer, i've done that before.
Every time I tried hammering them down they loosened off on me. There's barely anything. Like using those type clamps it was hitting the hub and undoing itself

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I managed to get away with the j&r cv joint/boot but like I said, they supply the wrong clip that fouls. So il order some of these style clips to do the other side