ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What desk does your iMac sit on?

14' Leon Cupra 280
Haha! My aim is to paint it soon, trust me. Website should really have a holding page on it rather than how it is. It's currently being re-designed with 3 months worth of work ready to be presented (10 websites), then i'm working on 5 at the moment so to be honest it's doing its job, but that's all.

Titanium 182
Everyone's gonna hate my desk, it's s**t and I have a pc which I also love /care

6032519460_5da2b68a76_b.jpg

Superior mouse is superior.

6031964981_0bb9624082_b.jpg

LY 182
Haha! My aim is to paint it soon, trust me. Website should really have a holding page on it rather than how it is. It's currently being re-designed with 3 months worth of work ready to be presented (10 websites), then i'm working on 5 at the moment so to be honest it's doing its job, but that's all.

Sounds like you're getting a nice amount of business bud. I really need to get a site up and see if I can get any local work for a bit of side income when my internet marketing stuff isn't going too well.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Sounds like you're getting a nice amount of business bud. I really need to get a site up and see if I can get any local work for a bit of side income when my internet marketing stuff isn't going too well.

It really has been great and luckily all the jobs have been timed perfectly. I don't advertise, my work is referal based and working with my current clients. I'd say if you want to do it, then do it!! You'll not regret it. As with any business the start is the hardest, once you have 5-10 clients then it will snowball and as long as you're doing a great job and a great price and leaving each client with an easy way of refering then you'll be fine. The Apple products are essential and whilst family friends see it as ££££, it's business at the end of the day :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Received the new iMac today, base 27" model, cost £1230 + a £65 Apple iTunes voucher + 3 years Apple care :) iLove being a student! :)

Get our upgraded Virgin box next week so will be tidying under my desk! :) Still need to sort out the dock, my settings and find a new background!

b6473b9d.jpg

74a59531.jpg

88c3ecce.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Amazing! :eek:

Can't help watching everything full screen. Have a £65 iTunes voucher to spend too :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Haha ;)

Had to pick one that matched the bed, wardrobe and bedside cabinets! I have the plug sockets screwed into the underside of the desk to keep all wires hidden, just waiting on the new virgin modem and they will all be out the way then! :)

This is my desk set up, ikea brushed aluminium faced kitchen drawer units ton's of storage, inch thick oak kitchen counter top, nice to be facing out of the window in the summer only trouble its south facing so lots of glare later on when the sun starts to set, on my desk i have 24" HD telly for PS3, controller dock, 1TB verbatim external HD connected to MBP 15", which is also connected to Bose Sound dock II, with iphone 4 charging in it, often use the magic mouse for designing, but love using trackpad for the gestures just makes it amazingly easy and productive to use, i plan on getting a iMac 27" but dont know weather to put it to the side where the Bose Speakers are or right in the middle of the desk. just noticed the messy wires underneath usually they are tucked away but looks like the cats have been up to mischief again

6093553057_c53c3c5629_b.jpg

desk setup by glenndobledesigns, on Flickr

Track'd
Re: What desk does your iMac sit on?
Please don't bully me about the wallpaper again. Added the MacBookAir in April :) Same desk as a few others have from IKEA.

desk.jpg

Brilliant set up this mate, you must be keeping apple in business :p

14' Leon Cupra 280
Haha!! I'm loving your setup actually...at first glance I thought it was a normal sized desk, then realised it's HUGE... It's given me a thought for a desk in the future. Product wise i've added as i've gone along. All for business really, iPad for pleasure. So tonight i've come over to g/f's house, brought the MBA as I may have 2-3 hours work to do tomorrow, but i'd have brought the iPad if I didn't. Way I look at it's an investment :)

cheers mate, yeah its a big desk like need binoculars to see the telly haha, it wasnt too expensive considering how long it can last and you can change the drawer fronts if you get bored or even turn them in to cabinets, yeah they definatly are in investment, im a product designer and having a solid reliable computer is essential as it makes everything so easy and this makes me enjoy my work more, dont care what people say about apple in my eyes there bomb proof and you pay a premium for quality and style. only thing with apple products they get mucky to easy.

Rav4
Why do people have a laptop, desktop pc and an ipad :S

Desktop PC = when doing work that required a larger screen, i.e design stuff, or simply because you want the biggest screen you can buy. Personally I would rather dual screen.
Laptop = for out and about, when seeing clients, when at your gf's house as Track'd has stated, you need to be mobile (I have a laptop and a 30" ACD, works well)
iPAd = for when you want to mess around, but dont need a full laptop, commuting on the train, when you don't need to do a lot of hard work, and most importantly, p**n.

E46 320D Tourer!
Oh Hai.
My desk was about 15 quid from IKEA.

282553_10150729551895346_725220345_19564072_7993036_n.jpg

Can't beat good old wilko's for wallpaper!! Had the same myself until the dog pulled it off the wall!! Was a pain in the rectum to hang though!

And there's nothing wrong with being a lefty wierdo! There's more of us than you think!!! Nice setup though mate. Got iPhone n iPad 2, gonna go whole hog mac setup when the pc n laptop die!! I might have to help them on there way though, as I hate pc's now!!

14' Leon Cupra 280
It was about £6 from amazon I think. Really well made with lots of angles too. I wanted one to match the phone stand, but were £50-60 I think :(