ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what did you run down pod

PHS 1 172 SILVER
few clios down pod today, was a good day didnt rain. my car ran 16.7 its ok could do better but mine has no mods to the engine:rasp: what was your best

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
i had 6 run`s 2day, 14.1, 16.2, 14.2, 14.0, 14.0 14.0 gud day but wanted 13`s really

ITB'd GDI Original?
^^ Story of my life..................even a 13.99999999 would have made me happy :D

But i will have it right for next year. I have promised myself

ITB'd GDI Original?
My spec is probably almost identical to yours. Mine 'only' made 222bhp tho and 178lbs/ft.

PHS 1 172 SILVER
ok boys i think you shoud start your own thread or just send private messages all i want to know is what you did and stop bragging stu:rasp:

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
bagging, stfu! lucky asked what i ran so i told him, don`t start a thread about pod if u don`t want people talking about pod LMAO

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
vid`s poss cause me mates took there camera`s but no pic`s as i was queueing alday :(

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Put em up when you can then foxon, so were you happy with yours then & how it ran ?

williams and trophy
no offence. but you have bodies and you cant crack into the 13s???????

think you would be better off spending a bit of money on driving lessons tbh, itd be more valuable to you than more power, cos obviously you dont know how to use it. ;)

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
ohhh i say!! lol. considerin the jesus runs 14.2 n lucky runs 14.2 wiv the same kit as mine mmmm. but each to there own. what do u run?? car?? power?? ran down pod b4 wiv shitloads of people waiting for u to stall it on the line lol

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
just the back seats took out so far but it will go on a diet soon (n so will i lol ;))

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
yeah but mk1`s r alot lighter than mk2`s!! when u consider normal 172, 182 ect run lowish 15`s-high 14`s!! plus i`ve only had the car a week wiv ITB`s! so yes i will need to learn how to drive it.

williams and trophy
and??

the 172s are supposedly, a lot more powerful than the williams. bringing the power/weigt somewhere near between the 2.

williams with zorst mods and rears seats/spare removed. 14.6. 1/2 sec slower than a seriously modded 17/82 ???? and the arguments are always over 172s beating the s**t outta williams'??????lmfao.

agreed with time spent on the strip will give better times, but i would have thought late 13s for a 1st attempt with the kinda power your running tbh.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
alot of different factors cum in2 it, me being a s**t driver, is that what u wanted me to say!! i`m happy with the times so far, gud starting point n imo can only get better!!!!!

and??

the 172s are supposedly, a lot more powerful than the williams. bringing the power/weigt somewhere near between the 2.

williams with zorst mods and rears seats/spare removed. 14.6. 1/2 sec slower than a seriously modded 17/82 ???? and the arguments are always over 172s beating the s**t outta williams'??????lmfao.

agreed with time spent on the strip will give better times, but i would have thought late 13s for a 1st attempt with the kinda power your running tbh.

Mk1's have always been quicker at 1/4 miles :S

ITB's are still well worthwhile, look how easily mine pulls from you 800kg totally stripped, cam'd, headworked and chipped Williams ;) Granted, SQM you'd beat me, on the road and in gear it's a different story... just need to shave 150+kg's off mine now ;)

williams and trophy
and??

Mk1's have always been quicker at 1/4 miles :S

ITB's are still well worthwhile, look how easily mine pulls from you 800kg totally stripped, cam'd, headworked and chipped Williams ;) Granted, SQM you'd beat me, on the road and in gear it's a different story... just need to shave 150+kg's off mine now ;)

not always the case tho is it??

take chris n nics, monkeys sounds like a quick un, paddys old un, tim 'o's. all 14.0-mid14 cars in pretty much std trim. 1/2 a sec for the mods isnt good really. done properly they should be quicker all over the powerband not just top end.

yeah you pulled on me on the bolton meet. but not by as much as it has been, either yours is getting slower, or mines gettin quicker lol. there was only about 3-4 cars in it last time up to silly speeds. i think i need to refit the bodies ;) lol

there's a few Mk2 exceptions, and Timo's needed to be TOTALLY stripped as well. I've not bothered quarter miling my car, the times I have run ins with people are 99% of the time on the move, in which case other Clio's get left behind period.
Bolton meet I still pulled though ;) not bad for a 1060kg car against an 800kg car with about 30-40bhp difference. With bodies and side exit I had to brake to stop going into the back of you coming down the Walsden road! ;) lol

Polo GTi
14.7 in a totally standard 172 Cup, all interior in etc, it's got a 14.5 in it im sure of it ;)

I'm with 2live though, 14.0 is a bit poor. If I had spent K's I would want low 13s minimum, either get some practice in or take it back!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
14.306 was my best, rear seats out, air filter, exhaust superchip

Since then it's been totally stripped (headlining, carpet etc) catcams, 182 exhaust manifold, inlets etc. So i reckon its got a 14 dead in it somewhere!

14.7 in a totally standard 172 Cup, all interior in etc, it's got a 14.5 in it im sure of it ;)

I'm with 2live though, 14.0 is a bit poor. If I had spent K's I would want low 13s minimum, either get some practice in or take it back!

depends also on driver and who was running what on the day imo. With back seats and spare out on mine I'd be absolutely certain of a 13'something if Chris can get 14.1's with just the back seats out and I could pull from that when stripped, not running right due to 2 broken sensors and only 217bhp.

williams and trophy
there's a few Mk2 exceptions, and Timo's needed to be TOTALLY stripped as well. I've not bothered quarter miling my car, the times I have run ins with people are 99% of the time on the move, in which case other Clio's get left behind period.
Bolton meet I still pulled though ;) not bad for a 1060kg car against an 800kg car with about 30-40bhp difference. With bodies and side exit I had to brake to stop going into the back of you coming down the Walsden road! ;) lol

as you like to point out....sensors etc. my car with bodies wasnt running a lambda, diff plugs on the loom and oe lambda, the map isnt right, the loom theres something not 100% with, the cams werent timed in, and still arent. lots to be done to fine tune/fettle/get running right. as iv told you before, these bodies/ecu setup have never been run or set right imo. and i havent done anything to rectify that.

id be very surprised if you didnt pull on me tbh, remember were talkin a car that costs less than a grand, including all the mods and purchase of the car, against a car thats had £000's spent under the bonnet alone. bearing that in mind, i dont think it did too badly for the poor state of tune it was in. and the fact what youv spent on the engine alone could buy 5 or 6 of my cars lol.

all comes down to bang per buck. and 14.1 for the amount outlayed is horrrendous imo. even with the back seats in. lol

williams 2
ill give it to stu, i was watching and if he had good enough tyres to grip in 3rd then he prob of would of done abit better!!

silver 172 ff
hello just got back from pod today went down from Bolton in my ff silver 172. did 2 runs on sat both 15.5 i reckon i could have got less as the starts were terrible and i only got the car last sunday,

saw foxon down there have to say his runs looked good, really showed up some cars, that you would expect to get faster times than it wernt,

cup 182 mit stripes
That's it then! the tuned foxon clio is so powerful it's spinning it's wheels in all gears. You'll just have to fine tune that launch technique mate. lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
15.1 / 90 terminal with an awful start, I cant launch for shite :( Was hoping for high 14's as my car feels alot faster on the road compared to my old FRP Fiesta which done a 15.5.

Only got 3 runs from 4pm to 9pm, was abit pissed off with that.

Lisa your valver looked nice btw!

Foxon you the guy with the Black plates?

Last edited:
  PHS 1 172 SILVER

i would not be saying its poor to foxon but could do a bit better but saying that so could mine:)

PHS 1 172 SILVER
15.1 / 90 terminal with an awful start, I cant launch for s**te :( Was hoping for high 14's as my car feels alot faster on the road compared to my old FRP Fiesta which done a 15.5.

Only got 3 runs from 4pm to 9pm, was abit pissed off with that.

Lisa your valver looked nice btw!

Foxon you the guy with the Black plates?
thanks:) i dont think i seen you but i was queing all day:( was shitting it. it was my first time at pod and i had a noble of the lights brill start but then he had me:eek: not bad for a girl. yer thats foxon with the black plates

Last edited:
  clio 172 sport, zxr6
i ran 13.598 @ 104.15mph last year with the standard leather seats running nos :clown: