ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does your race car/track car weight?

Im interested in finding what other cars on this forum weight with a brief description on the obvious stuff: cage, windows, FG panels etc etc and to see if theres anything more I can loose before spending money on FG panels etc.

I'll start with mine. 899kg with 1/4 of fuel. (ignore the corner weights, that was beforehand)

-6 point cage
-Polycarbs all round part from windscreen and tailgate
-No fiberglass panels - but all panels are gutted.
-Heated windscreen = no heater matrix etc

af8d570720c6df057d2749244b4201a4.jpg

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Mine was 920 with 1/4 tank without me in, I have now fitted poly window kit and cut a few bits out so hopefully sub 900..
Do you know the difference between the glass and poly + motors etc etc
@Mash.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Last time mine was weighed it was 1040kg with half a tank, since then it's lost the air con rad, pipes etc, inlets in lieu of itb's etc..... But I really need to get it re weighed..... And I really need to remove more bits and metal!!

@Fraser.J. was weighing in at 895 before the fibreglass boot and plexan rear window were swapped over etc, so I would be expecting his to be a lot lighter now as well.... I'm sure he'll chip in after this to let us know

Last time mine was weighed it was 1040kg with half a tank, since then it's lost the air con rad, pipes etc, inlets in lieu of itb's etc..... But I really need to get it re weighed..... And I really need to remove more bits and metal!!

@Fraser.J. was weighing in at 895 before the fibreglass boot and plexan rear window were swapped over etc, so I would be expecting his to be a lot lighter now as well.... I'm sure he'll chip in after this to let us know
Ah right ok, im guessing that's with you in it?!

yeah I believe I spoke to him after I got mine weighed, that's good to know happy with that as I've probably got a bit more cage than him also!

what do FG doors weight?

oh and josh sorry yeah I didn't managed to get a weight of the windows I reckon about 5k a side

M135i, 197 turbo
862kgs on fumes, 6 point cage, race battery, itbs, fibreglass panels, rear poly carbs, 1 seat, loom stripped down, brackets cut out, light weight wheels etc. Working out how I can lose another 14kgs to get to 850kgs..

862kgs on fumes, 6 point cage, race battery, itbs, fibreglass panels, rear poly carbs, 1 seat, loom stripped down, brackets cut out, light weight wheels etc. Working out how I can lose another 14kgs to get to 850kgs..
Top effort! yeah I think cutting out brackets all add up, mines had them all chopped and smoothed every stud etc etc

What FG panels you running?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Ah right ok, im guessing that's with you in it?!

yeah I believe I spoke to him after I got mine weighed, that's good to know happy with that as I've probably got a bit more cage than him also!

what do FG doors weight?

oh and josh sorry yeah I didn't managed to get a weight of the windows I reckon about 5k a side
Nah that was me standing I the weigh bridge office.... That was standard trophy, full interior removal, full safety devices cage, 2 sabalt cup racer seats and a fire extinguisher....... I really do need to weigh it again now

Nah that was me standing I the weigh bridge office.... That was standard trophy, full interior removal, full safety devices cage, 2 sabalt cup racer seats and a fire extinguisher....... I really do need to weigh it again now
Holy crap, I beg your pardon!

Yeah let's hope that's dropped a good 100kg! !!

Still got full soundproofing in?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Holy crap, I beg your pardon!

Yeah let's hope that's dropped a good 100kg! !!

Still got full soundproofing in?
Nope everything out, tar / quilt the lot (except the pad on the roof, that's still in)........ It still has full glass, window motors, the air con rad in the bulkhead, inners of doors etc, so probably a good bit to Come out yet, Scorpion exhaust carries two back boxes and the centre one as well, so probably a lot still to be removed..... A have left the car so it could still be returned to road if someone wanted it, but realistically its track only so I may just have to strip everything and go for it!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
When I first got the car I am adamant I saw a piece of paper that it came with which said 862kg but I cannot seem to find this piece of paper again.....but I am very sceptical about this figure. I think I can add about 100kg onto that figure! I would like to get it weighed, see how far away I am from 200bhp/te!!
There is a thread somewhere which details the weight of some components.

dan's cast offs.
Got one that lives here weighed 860kg with 1/4 tank of fuel, glass front screen rest perspex, cage, standard battery, metal panels still, kw suspension, 15" phase 1 wheels, no heater etc.

Bonnet backing has been cut away and I swear it weighs about half as much as the last carbon one I lifted!!

Nope everything out, tar / quilt the lot (except the pad on the roof, that's still in)........ It still has full glass, window motors, the air con rad in the bulkhead, inners of doors etc, so probably a good bit to Come out yet, Scorpion exhaust carries two back boxes and the centre one as well, so probably a lot still to be removed..... A have left the car so it could still be returned to road if someone wanted it, but realistically its track only so I may just have to strip everything and go for it!
Yeah that's the trouble with owning a trophy, but yeah f**k it - gut it!

When I first got the car I am adamant I saw a piece of paper that it came with which said 862kg but I cannot seem to find this piece of paper again.....but I am very sceptical about this figure. I think I can add about 100kg onto that figure! I would like to get it weighed, see how far away I am from 200bhp/te!!
There is a thread somewhere which details the weight of some components.
Yeah if it still had glass windows and and panels intact it wouldn't be that low unfortunately!

Yeah definitely!

Got one that lives here weighed 860kg with 1/4 tank of fuel, glass front screen rest perspex, cage, standard battery, metal panels still, kw suspension, 15" phase 1 wheels, no heater etc.

Bonnet backing has been cut away and I swear it weighs about half as much as the last carbon one I lifted!!
I'm gonna take my bonnet off and weight it, as I've never felt a carbon one haha.

But yeah that sounds very light! 172 or 182?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah if it still had glass windows and and panels intact it wouldn't be that low unfortunately!
I don't even know what the paperwork it was to have it weighed, it was like an MOT certificate kind of thing. I know there is loads more to come out of it, just future problems......will be going plastic Windows hopefully this summer. Cage is needed before j start going fibreglass panels.