ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have I broken?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Evening guys,

Had a brown trousers moment on monday night and found some spilt diesel on a roundabout.

No one else was involved so i limped the car home and parked her up in the garage.

Thankfully i was only doing 15-20mph, but i managed a full 180 and twatted the crossing island side on.

This fucked an alloy and set off the passenger seat airbag, not a major issue and these have already been sourced for next weeks job.

ad716684f9fcd500962aa17f0b8cfaf1.jpg

Tonight i've managed to find the time to actually pull the wheel off and take a look at the rear beam assy.
Everything looks ok, as in, not obviously bent, but inside the rear arch, its obvious the tyre/rim had been rubbing on that slow limp home
8ff7785c093ed88ae2226c9f4bbc0dd6.jpg

063b58ec504f2b31f4aa7cd32d7b3d3a.jpg

I'd lined up a spare rear beam before i'd seen this, as i expected the worse, but now i'm not 100% i need it?
The alloy itself definitely has a wobble, but would that be alone enough to cause the mild rubbing i've got or do i fit the new beam just incase?

I've got a spare wheel to go onto the corner in question to check for clearances, but i guess i'm just looking for some confirmation / thoughts / experience from someone who may have had similar

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
1a8146581c2fc1e0e3d2fd9944ef5102.jpg

I was essentially where the black car is on the exit, the white building below is the petrol station

Transit & Death trap
Was the wheel/tyre rubbing on your way back, after the mishap?
Judging by the pics, I'd say it was and you've probably bent the stub axle.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Yea, fine before, rubbed afterwards.

If its just the stub axle that'd be awesome, much rather replace that than the whole rear beam.