ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
Arranged for the 182 to be dropped off with Dan at 519 - having the works done!! Looking forward to eventually getting it back.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
They're crappy phone pics so not great i'm afraid. Yes and yes... along with the dephaser solenoid seal if anyone noticed it covered in paint.

Im now on the pc, looks bloody lovely.

Di you warm it up with a hot air gun to get it to crackle? I only ask as i made a dash for my classic Mini years ago and had to warm it up to get the affect.

Im also looking idears for when i do mine, i was going to do my bits Porsche Grey as my car is sliver and i still have my engine cover so i thought it would be a good contrast.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The instructions say to allow it to air dry to achieve finish but I put it in to a paint oven to bake off for 2hrs.

Honestly impressed with the finish though and the pics don't do it justice. My car will look very dull being all black and silver but I likes it simple.

Upper timing cover, brake callipers and some bracketry are next on the list... may add a colour to the upper timing case though to break it up as the Clio is Pearl Black

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes i like it nice and simple but with nice touches, ive had all of my suspension powder coated in satin black.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah I'm a fan of the Satin finish myself. Matte is so 2003 and gloss looks tacky/needy in certain areas.

Daveski said I should've done the cover and breather plate in Red but...

1- its not a Honda
2- black is easier to keep cleaner in oily places like an engine bay.

The block is going hammered metal blue like the Sodemo's (not that you'll really see it with the RS2)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah I'm a fan of the Satin finish myself. Matte is so 2003 and gloss looks tacky/needy in certain areas.

Daveski said I should've done the cover and breather plate in Red but...

1- its not a Honda
2- black is easier to keep cleaner in oily places like an engine bay.

The block is going hammered metal blue like the Sodemo's (not that you'll really see it with the RS2)

The beam, just as it should be.

c7ae5dcd-7bff-4a6c-b96a-1109a16e8da2_zps2f602174.jpg

20131028_135325_zps7c907e69.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mine, or have you forgotten, amongst all your powder coating and puffy stuff.

Easy there Gandalf, I thought you'd forgotten all about it. I've worked out the standard sender ranges so now its a simple case of fit a gauge then bring it to me and I'll make it work ;-)

Will it be on the car for Saturday Mick? RR after party!!

No, the new engine isn't fully built up yet. Being fitted late next week then off for mapping on the 2nd

Titanium 182
Ball joints done today. 2x 12 mm hole joints put on replacing one with 10mm holes and one that used to have 10mm holes drilled to 12mm. shocked

2 rear shocks done plus bled the brakes... i now have a car that stops and the back end doesn't step out on me at 20 mph. Next up find out whats draining my battery.

Titanium 182
also did a front wheel bearing the other day but still have a slight humming noise, thinking its the outer cv? any suggestions

Clio 172
Well this is getting really fun, my third injector went last night and I have just about had it with injector and this car so I am going to change the last 2 and hopefully get this problem sorted once and for all. I did say to myself, it might be a good idea just to change all of them, wish I stuck with that idea now.

182 FF
adjusted my brake pedal switch so my brake lights now come on when they should.
Piece of p1ss, and my satisfation levels are now high :)

Put it through its MOT. Failed on the condition of a rear tyre. Looks like it was actually the original from back in 2005 and 63k miles ago! When I bought the car a few months back I noticed they were a bit 'weathered' so not a massive surprise.

Apparently it still had legal tread depth too :p

Replaced them with Pirellis as they were on offer at £109 / corner and couldn't be arsed with the hassle of buying online, getting fitted then having the car retested.

Fitted 2 of the 3 winter tyres that were delivered today. I'll put the rears on when the 4th tyre arrives.

Can anyone tell me if this noise is normal when the car is in gear?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah that noise is just the "play" in the cogs, pretty sure every car I've had makes a similar noise.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Been a rather productive day for a change, managed to get an oil/filter change done, 3M resto on the headlights, fitted HID's, bosch aero wipers, washed it and collected a skoda splitter which i'll fit at the weekend.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Removed bumper to paint plastics, all the screws for the arch liners are corroded and useless so took ages to remove and several where missing and the stupid plastic clips where broken too. Whoever removed it last did a right bodge job.