ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its just a sample I bought to try out probably around 20 ml left so I'd expect to do your panzer twice three times if lucky. Looking for £8 posted second class for that. I also have a desire and passion sample along with a full pot of temptation

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Not yet Dave. However trying the samples has allowed me to decide what I want. Bouncers 22 for winter and illusion for summer. I've also got a pot of carbon that I can't seem to part with but that will probably go soon!

Trophy #491
Small order today

Gtechniq P1
Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner
Gtechniq L1
Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing
Gtechniq I1

Also got a grit guard and another bucket. About time I started using the 2 bucked method :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I seem to be going a similar way, desire and illusion. Playing with using a base of menz powerlock for increased durability with illusion as it still leaves a glossy finish next to Z2.

still have sv shield and def wax synthetic edition samples to try when I get the time.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I really want to try some def wax but samples are hard to get hold of. Shield is a brilliant wax, really easy to use and I found on my mums car it lasted around 6 months with bi weekly washes.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The 50ml sample pots they originally produced pop up every so often. Their 89 edition was ok, but the synthetic edition is supposed to be their durable wax so keen to test against shield

​what did you think to desire?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the presentation and the feel of the wax but I found out all the crap about them and properly put me off.

Their pots are stunning. Like a posh version of the vics glass ones. Lovely.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Desire is brilliant, I can't help but think its a tad over priced though. It didn't really do much for my silver but as I've found there are only a few waxes that do perform well on silver.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You p1ss me off when you drop stuff like that. LOL it's mean to drip feed this information and not tell everything!

come on then, PM me what you heard. I read all the threads when they first left DW forum so curious as to how far it goes

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I really want to try some def wax but samples are hard to get hold of. Shield is a brilliant wax, really easy to use and I found on my mums car it lasted around 6 months with bi weekly washes.

What is def wax?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They used to be called Brough & Howarth (world's most expensive wax). They claim they rebranded etc but from my reading and listening they went out the game and came back so no one actually knew.

The thing is the like of the durus glaze wax and the carrera one were both really good. They also claimed they mix their own wax but when they were questioned on it twice they ran off.

PH2 Flamer
2 autobrite delux fluffy drying towels.

Anyone know if their berry last detailer is any good? I'm all out of finale nearly. Fancy a change.

Berry blast is pretty good. It's highly concentrated so 500ml will make around 2.5 litres of qd which makes it very good value for money. It's not the slickest qd I've used but considering how much product you get for your money it's well worth giving it a go.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Look what's just arrived.

IMG_20130628_111744_zpsb71d2018.jpg

I have ordered myself my very first clay bar.
I'll probably get slated for my choice but I opted for The AG clay kit so it contains clay, quick detailer/lube, super resin polish, microfibre cloth. I got it for £24 including delivery which I thought was quite good.
I have also ordered some foam applicaters and a pot of Good old fashioned Meguires #16 I know you get a lovely shine from it as I use it at work occasionally, not sure how long lasting it is though. It is something I felt comfortable using as my first wax

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I have ordered myself my very first clay bar.
I'll probably get slated for my choice but I opted for The AG clay kit so it contains clay, quick detailer/lube, super resin polish, microfibre cloth. I got it for £24 including delivery which I thought was quite good.
I have also ordered some foam applicaters and a pot of Good old fashioned Meguires #16 I know you get a lovely shine from it as I use it at work occasionally, not sure how long lasting it is though. It is something I felt comfortable using as my first wax

Nothing wrong with AG products
Best place to start

As above the ag kit is a very good place to start.

I'd suggest buying a cheap spray bottle and filling it with a mix of water and car shampoo. It will do exactly the same thing as the rapid detailer but is much cheaper so you can save the quick detailer for using after washing to remove water spots etc.

Last edited:
As above the ag kit is a very good place to start.

I'd suggest buying a cheap spray bottle and filling it with a mix of water and car shampoo. It will do exactly the same thing as the rapid detailer but is much cheaper so you can save the quick detailer for using after washing to remove water spots etc.

Thanks for the tip.
Its just to act as a lubricant for the clay, right?