ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is Faster Vts or clio 172

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Vts- with air filter and decat.

Clio sport- Standard.

Reason for this question is my mate has a Vts and claims he has beaton Clio Sport 172?

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
we talkin a crapso (saxo) my attempt at humor lol or the C2

Gonna be the Paxo innit, brap brap
049.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tell your mate his penis is clearly huge and he is actually more awesome than Ian Beale wearing a Bananaman costume.

R26
mates got a c2 vts, other mate has a saxo vts, stripped, new manifold, decat. my 182 thats standard bar an itg filter comfortably beats them both tbh.

n/a
asking on a clio site you will find the answer to be clio.

but to be honest out of my experience with a clio it would be the clio no doubt :cool:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
This question seems to come up an awful lot, think VTS/GTI should have it's own section on the forum.

I'd have thought a traffic light grand prix between a modded saxo and an 1*2 would be very close and driver dependant. Over legal speed limits the 1*2 would pull away??

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
standard you're looking at clio. but a vts with a few simple breathing mods won't be far off at all.

VaVa
Clio should be quicker, but not by much. Doubt the pwr/weight ratios are that far apart.

My experience is that, similar with the Clio's, you get good ones and bad ones. I've pulled a fair few lengths on a couple of GTi's/VTS's... but then I've had one stick on my arse up to silly speeds.... Either way, there's never going to be that much between them.

Unless Craggy's old VTS is still about. That thing was a flying mahcine lol

A Beautiful R32
Am I the only one who thinks all of this ^^ top trumps shite is now pathetically childish?

Thank f**king god my clio gets replaced on Friday.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Am I the only one who thinks all of this ^^ top trumps s**te is now pathetically childish?

Close the door on your way out. We've got VTS/GTI threads to argue about. Wouldn't want to wake the neighbours.

PS 200
Am I the only one who thinks all of this ^^ top trumps s**te is now pathetically childish?

You're happy you getting rid of your clio because some total strangers talk bollox on a forum ?
:S

VaVa
It's been the same old thing for 5 years. If it's not this it's about CTRs.

True. Or MCS. Or LCR. Or a Ferrari 360.

But then.... You read the thread title and, tbh, the clues are there. And then bothered to post. You could have just not read it? There's plenty of other threads not about "which is faster?".... in fact as far as the overall percentage of threads on this forum goes, these threads are a definite minority.

I agree with your point, though. I'm just bored. The missus has that Glee s**te on the TV and I've honestly nothing better to do lol

A Beautiful R32
You're happy you getting rod of your clio because some total strangers talk bollox on a forum ?
:S

No, I am getting a nicer car, I'm happy because of that. But, I no longer like the image the clio has in my head.

Don't get me wrong, 182s are ace. But I hate the boy racer image that this forum loves to adopt. I think honestly it sometimes gives the club a very bad name. That's my opinion, I don't really express it anymore. No point, the forum flamers always shout and scream when anyone dares to express an opinion.

A Beautiful R32
True. Or MCS. Or LCR. Or a Ferrari 360.

But then.... You read the thread title and, tbh, the clues are there. And then bothered to post. You could have just not read it? There's plenty of other threads not about "which is faster?".... in fact as far as the overall percentage of threads on this forum goes, these threads are a definite minority.

I agree with your point, though. I'm just bored. The missus has that Glee s**te on the TV and I've honestly nothing better to do lol

+1 on the Glee thing.

I think though, that there are more and more threads like this these days.

Maybe I'm just old now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
+1 on the Glee thing.

Maybe I'm just old now.

I think the same, but then I have to remind myself i'm a married father now.

When I joined the club (Same time as you) I lived at home and thought my 172 was faster than sound itself.

We were all young once!

VaVa
No, I am getting a nicer car, I'm happy because of that. But, I no longer like the image the clio has in my head.

Don't get me wrong, 182s are ace. But I hate the boy racer image that this forum loves to adopt. I think honestly it sometimes gives the club a very bad name. That's my opinion, I don't really express it anymore. No point, the forum flamers always shout and scream when anyone dares to express an opinion.

You bought a cheap hot hatch with twin exhaust pipes and presumably some cup packs to add a bigger spoiler and a splitter... and you're worried about a forum adopting a boy racer image? :S

I'd say 99% of people outside of this forum would look at one and think 'boy racer mobile' straight away, regardless of what people say on here! If you're worried about what people think that much, you bought the wrong car!

Mines an undoubted boy racer moblie. Loud exhaust = chav, in most peoples eyes.

Give a f**k? Nahh!!It's still a hoot to drive, who cars if people think I'm a boy racer* :D

* I'm 30 this year and, as such, this attitude is likely to change lol

PS 200
+1 on the Glee thing.

Maybe I'm just old now.
Every car forum on the planet has this sort of drivel on it.

You should approach them more with approach of entertainment rather than getting a definitive answer as to if a hair dryer is faster than a Hover mower :cool:

Having said that - this one's pretty poor - everyone knows the 172 is the king of the road unless it's being driven by a bird or a gayer