ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is it Electrical

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

When i operate the electric windows on my Fiesta Turbo by pressing up when it is already all the way up the speedo counter flicks up?

Also the passenger window goes up VERY slowly unless ur reving the engine high therefore producing more power from the alternator but why is it doing this? Im thinking there is a voltage problem but any thoughts 4 the fix?

Thanx

theres nothing worse on a car than eletrical problems....& i think the same people that wired up rennos wired up fords as welll......bloddy rubbish !!

most problems are due to poor earthing...thats the first thing id check, even for the window.....not only does it need a good supply of positive, a good earth is essential & bad earths will make things seem as tho they are slowing down...making you think its not getting enought supply !!.....does that make any sense ??

also check yer battery...cold weather kills naff batteries, get a multi meter & check the voltage comming from it.....you can also use the multi meter to see if the Alternator is pushing out the correct voltage.

i think what james is trying to say is that someone else whom also owns/owned an uncle festa might have/had the same if not very simular problem as yourself & therefore give you an answer to your problem, which in turn will save you alot of time & headache .........christ.......i think i need a shot of JD now !!:eek:

had a problem with my old clio where the multi-plugs had corroded. basically, its usually a faulty earth/corroded wiring/sh*t on the wiring like burnt on oil - if this is the case, there wont be enough resistance in the cables which of course means low power. So, clean all connecters and re-soldier old knackered wiring... erm I think your better off getting an autoelectrician but at £35+ per hour i wouldnt bother and just put up with it if its an old car.