ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is the top speed on a 1.2 8v????

Status
Not open for further replies.
  PH-QUICK
Well my 10 year old 1.2 8v RT saw around 106 indicated with a full load of people in it, so sitting nearer the road and it has sportlines, can't see anything more than that without a big downhill stretch.

(private runway obviously)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Got her to 95 tonight downhill, very scary indeed as it was on a private country road. Couldn't push it further as I ran out of runway, but any faster on a road like that and I'm sure the wheels would have fallen off.

Ozzed Clio
my p reg 1.2 8v showed 120mph on speedo
my s reg 1.2 8v showed 107 on a sat nav
and my 52 reg 1.2 16v only shows bout 117mph down a hill
lmao
clios r gettin slower.
and yes i have had a few clios

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
iv had 110mph (speedo) when i was on my steels with 4 people in the car and a sub in the boot while going down a hill, had 100mph on my 15" alloys with 1 person in the car and a boot full of vibe subwoofers.

Clio
i think 115mph is possible and maybe 120mph, i know they cant sustain that kind of speed, but reach it, well yeah maybe.

1*2 owner can annoy me sometimes! we (1.2 owners) are not saying we can race around at these speeds, but probs and hit them.

well, im not dreaming. its just a point of view :rasp:

Never above 25mpg
Well..cue the arguments...I had an INDICATED 120 out of my 1.2 8v.

Top marks :star:

Although.. private runway ja?

Had 85mph out of my MK1PH2 1.2 8v down a steep hill :eek: Fastest that damn thing ever went! took 30 seconds to get to 65mph! It was a dog :evil:

Clio 1.2
I got 103 out of mine before i wrote it off 4 and half thousand revs, partially downhill and it wouldnt go any more.. on level ground it did 93.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Some dreamers in this thread saying 120mph out of a 1.2 tbh.

Had about 105 on clock out of mine, at which speed its screaming its head off and not a very enjoyable experience.

Speed limit is 70mph anyway, it's not very often you going to be doing 100mph+ in the morning rush hour, douchebags.

Clio
Some dreamers in this thread saying 120mph out of a 1.2 tbh.

Had about 105 on clock out of mine, at which speed its screaming its head off and not a very enjoyable experience.

Speed limit is 70mph anyway, it's not very often you going to be doing 100mph+ in the morning rush hour, douchebags.

why dreaming, when they said that they actually hit 120mph? surely in thier case fact?

105, well ive had over that in my old s reg 1.2, and no it wasnt enjoyable.

we know the speed limit is 70mph, and no its not often you go 100+, i dont think anyone here would actually say they could race about at 100+ in a 1.2. but i think you'll fine a 1.2 can hit them speeds!

Love theses 1.2 discussions on top speeds:)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
There was a very small amouint of speed left in mine when I had 105, not 15mph though, that's just silly.

Clio Campus
clio = 80mph before you i look like a tit
i got overtaken by one of the chiquento fiats in the 5 series and i was doin 90 ish i would hate to crash that at that speed

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
A 182 owner here, probably 110bhp up on a 1.2 and 182's aren't even all that quick up at these speeds (110/120) yes they'll do a realistic 135 maybe but it wouldn't be easy! Not sure i'd be happy trying to see how fast i could get out of a 1.2 clio!!! Braking distances must be hugh at those speeds in a standard 1.2!!

J

jakm15

didnt think any1 would reply to this thread when i started it lol, thers 5 pages now after a day. im pround of myself :approve:

Clio
jakm15, put speed & 1.2 together, the thread will always cause an argument and will be atleast 5 pages.

a burnt one
Had an indicated 115mph and a GPS reading of 112mph in my old 1999 1.2 8v

Along a flat stretch of road on the M8 from Glasgow to Edinburgh, yeah it took ages to get there but it got there FACT.

Too many people moving the goalposts saying "it wont do more than 90mph" then when people say it has it's a "yeah but it'l take ages"

The time is irrelevant really, the fact is my meticulously serviced low mileage example was the most reliable car ive ever owned, apart from the Renault rattles i doubt i'll ever own another car so mechanically sound.

There will be dogs out there that will struggle to get over 100mph but a well looked after engine on any car with an engine greater than 1000cc is more than capable of 100mph.

Had it not been for some tw*t in a beemer pulling out without indicating i would have had more out of it.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Along a flat stretch of road on the M8 from Glasgow to Edinburgh, yeah it took ages to get there but it got there FACT.

Too many people moving the goalposts saying "it wont do more than 90mph" then when people say it has it's a "yeah but it'l take ages"

The time is irrelevant really, the fact is my meticulously serviced low mileage example was the most reliable car ive ever owned, apart from the Renault rattles i doubt i'll ever own another car so mechanically sound.

There will be dogs out there that will struggle to get over 100mph but a well looked after engine on any car with an engine greater than 1000cc is more than capable of 100mph.

Had it not been for some tw*t in a beemer pulling out without indicating i would have had more out of it.

This is all very believable, except for the part that says you would of had more out of it. That bit right there is pure and utter bullshit.

Secondly, openly admitting on a public forum populated by several bacon bangers that you were doing 112mph on a public road is beyond stupidity.

Clio

I believe you! i had 110ish out of my old 1998 s reg. which wasnt in that good a mechanical condition.

Ozzed Clio
i personally dont think 100mph takes that long to get to and the brakes are awesome for the size of them. not dangerous at all.

a burnt one
This is all very believable, except for the part that says you would of had more out of it. That bit right there is pure and utter bulls**t.

Secondly, openly admitting on a public forum populated by several bacon bangers that you were doing 112mph on a public road is beyond stupidity.

Have a word you moron!!! at what point were you in the car? who the hell are you to say what it was and was not capable of? so you believe i had 115 indicated but dont believe it would do anymore? is it beyond comprehension that an extra 1mph was squeezable out of it?

Do you think i just go about making ridiculous statements for the fun of it?

Secondly, i couldnt give a monkeys about what i admit to on a public forum so why do you care so much? i can see it now, the chief of police is currently sitting on CS trawling through this very thread chasing up the adresses of the dozens who have admitted to speeding.

Actually i did lie, i sat at 112 for 5 minutes violently pushing myself backwards and forwards in my seat hoping against hope that there was more to come, i made it all up to look good on the internet, i concocted all these terrible lies, even risking prosecution just for the hell of it.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Were you 120+ lads behind any other car doing a similar speed? That could've helped with the wind hinderance.

Still finding it hard to believe though! :(

A white and black one
i will source a picture next time i manage to get that fast, not in these conditions though

Did you know that cars always go faster? Yes that's right, apparently if you have a long enough road, a 1.2 will eventually reach at least 150mph. They always have more to give so I guess that's true.

Either that or this thread is seriously full of steaming s**t. I love how the chavs always complain about 182 drivers belittling them. Is it any wonder? A Clio 1.2 will not do 112, 115, 117, or 120. A very steep hill, yes perhaps if the gearing permits, but then my 182 can do 180 if I drop it out of a plane. Ergo a non-argument.

Cooper S
Did you know that cars always go faster? Yes that's right, apparently if you have a long enough road, a 1.2 will eventually reach at least 150mph. They always have more to give so I guess that's true.

Either that or this thread is seriously full of steaming s**t. I love how the chavs always complain about 182 drivers belittling them. Is it any wonder? A Clio 1.2 will not do 112, 115, 117, or 120. A very steep hill, yes perhaps if the gearing permits, but then my 182 can do 180 if I drop it out of a plane. Ergo a non-argument.

PMSL - Roy you the man...

(I'd like to see you drop your 182 out of a plane too!!lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.