ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is This Connection/Wiring/Plug called Near Coil Pack?

Liquid Yellow 182
hello people,
had the RAC out the other day because car would turn over just would not fire, the problem was the 12v feed going to ignition coil. he connected a pin down the green wire and touched battery and it fired up. it is booked in garage tomorrow to get fixed, but i wana save money so where could i find one cheap?
i wana know what this loom/plug/wiring (whatever you call it) is called.

20121202_194210.jpg goes to this i think 20121202_194223.jpg

clio 172 phs 1
Top engine injection loom,it's a "closed" loom,you can't open it up to repair the break in the wire. New loom needed.

Liquid Yellow 182
yeaa that is what i was thinking. how much would one cost? and could i fix it myself or it really hard?

clio 172 phs 1
Depends how competant you are with mechanics,it'd take me 45mins-1hour but i've done loads of them before. The inlet manifold needs to be removed as one of the connectors goes to the throttle body,which is bolted onto the underside of the inlet

Liquid Yellow 182
well im taking it to a garage that are really good with this sort of problems. so shouldnt be a problem for them. how much would you reckon it would cost?

clio 172 phs 1
I have no idea how much those looms cost new these days. Labour charge should be no more than 2hours.

clio 172 phs 1
I've seen various injection loom issues but usually it's corrosion on the main connector to the ECU. If i was you i'd just run a wire from the connector at the coil pack to the connector at the ecu

Liquid Yellow 182
this might be stupid but where is the connector at the ecu? and would that solve the problem or would fix it for a short time?

clio 172 phs 1
That would basically eliminate the faulty wire that the RAC have said is the problem so it would be a permanent fix. The ECU connector is at the back of the cylinder head.

Liquid Yellow 182
so on the picture i circled, id stick wire in the green wire (the wire he said was faulty) and then to the ecu connector? could you upload a picture and circle where it is?

clio 172 phs 1
No i'd cut the wire at the coil pack end and at the ecu end and solder a new piece of ingle core cable in. I don't have a picture of a D4F engine to hand here mate.

Liquid Yellow 182
so i would cut the wires at the coil pack and then solder wire to the ecu and then solder it to the coil pack look thing?

clio 172 phs 1
so i would cut the wires at the coil pack and then solder wire to the ecu and then solder it to the coil pack look thing?

No, just cut the green wire at the coil pack connector and solder a new piece of wire to the connector side,then do the same at the ECU side.

Liquid Yellow 182
so cut this green wire 20121202_194210.jpg and then connect to the green side of where you marked? and that would sort the problem out. if that didnt work i could get Top engine injection loom part fixed?

clio 172 phs 1
Your basically just running a new piece of wire from the coil pack connector to the ecu connector,eliminating the faulty wire.

Liquid Yellow 182
okay would i defo need to cut the wire? or could i keep it and just connect the new wire? sorry about the stupid questions mate, not good at stuff like this.

clio 172 phs 1
You don't need to cut the wire mate,you can just attach a new length of wire to it. Don't worry about it buddy,glad to help u out if i can.

Liquid Yellow 182
yeaa i dont wana cut the wire just incase what i do dont go to plan haha. knowing me it wouldnt. thats why im asking to confirm i dont do anything wrong. thanks alot mate.