ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this light on the dash??

An orange one
Never seen this before, it stayed on and wouldn't go off, stopped and restarted and it was gone lol...

CF4BD4A8-3210-4581-89DD-1CC0A7F1838B_zps10vczxh7.jpg

An orange one
Lol! I didn't even go at 88mph either.

Will go back out shortly and see if I can make it happen again.

An orange one
Possibly coil but usually you just get the engine picture light, I've never seen this squiggly light before.

Throttle thing is a good shout!

my speedo would intermitantly stop working due to needing a new speed sensor and when it would stop working this light would come on straight away.

An orange one
Went back out, couldn't get the light to come on at all, car run and drove fine on a very short drive... God knows!

PB172,dci100,dci65
Had it once on my 172, washed her before, so might the water got somewhere even if I wasnt flushing hard.
She went just to 3k rpm. Then it was just gone after "reboot". No record when I checked it with clip afterwards.
Hope it stays the same with your V6 ;-)

If it's a coil the car / engine will become loud & very sluggish. I've had them go & after turning the ignition of & on again the light will come on (that is the light iirc for coil failure)

The first time it happened I was like WTF ? then I realised what it was. Luckily they've only gone when out locally.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You haven't kicked the plug on top of the accelerator have you?

That's what it used to be on my old diesel.

FF Clio 182
Means the car is a write off, will
Give you £500 for it ?

Electrical fault light, code usually won't be stored as an OBD code. CLIP is best option