ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is wrong i have no clue :(

the clio 182 i have keeps draining the battery it wont start if i turn key but as soon as i jump it it starts straight away?!!? what do you think may be wrong tried batterys and ot that its as if something drains it any thoughts???

but if the alternator was not working wouldnt the battery go flat and i would have no electrics after a 2 hour drive???

Works...kind of...
Bad earth is a simple/cheap one. Disconnect it from the battery and slam panel and give both contacts a clean.

Could be a dead cell in the battery or just a duff battery and the cold nights are draining it.

You could have a short somewhere which is causing a heavy drain.

Alternator would be last point of call.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Will it not mean the battery isnt charged and cant give out enough current for the starter motor to work?

Works...kind of...
When you next get the battery charged. Start the engine, get the multi-meter out and check the terminals.

If the battery reads ~14.4v then the Alt's fine.