ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is wrong with my F***ing car!!!!

Having serious problems with my 16valve, please can somebody help me? There seems to be a huge flatspot between 5000 and 5500 rpm! Paticularly noticeable on the motorway when in 5th gear and trying to boot it. Car accelerates like it should and then its almost like it hits a limiter at 5000, the needle just stops and then slowly creeps up and i mean slowly......

If i keep my foot to the floor 4 about 5 minutes it will go by this point and then start 2 accelerate normally again, what is the problem? Its a b*****d when people are trying to race me, cos i cant win boo hoo

Up until yesterday my top speed was 110 mph.

Any suggestions, thankyou

im havin the same kinda prob i had it in 5th for ages the other day and it wouldnt budge past 5.5k 110-115mph , and mines de-catted dunno waht the feck is wrong :(

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

HT leads breaking down??

had this happen to me and the car was fine a lower revs but at higher revs the leads couldnt handle it and the car felt flat as a fart

Mine did the exact same thing a couple of months back, okay its only a 1.4 so you wouldnt expect it to go very fast in 5th anyway, but it was just like there was a rev limiter, only did it in fifth and just would not accelerate at all.

Try some Forte gas treatment or other fuel additive as well.

Speaking of HT leads can anyone recomend some upgraded leads for the 16v.

this seems a common problem on 1.8s

Interesting to know if anyone gets to the bottom of it!

It sure as hell aint leads lol

im gonna change the leads/plugs and also the fuel pump and filter, if theres still no change ill take it to hillpower and see what nick says,

thanks anyway

yea my dizzy cap is f**ked ! all the points inside are crumbled away , so i ordered a new one from partco for £21 shud be here 2moro morning , so well soon see !!

Ok this morning i fitted the new distributer cap and rotor arm and now the car pulls much better thru higher revs ! im well chuffed , the old dizzy cap was well f**ked !

i fitted a new cap and rotor arm , i just been on the private runway earlier and at just below 6k revs i was very near 130mph,but seemed to take a while to get there.

at 5000 revs i am pulling about 110. After a further 5-10 mins of flooring it and getting by the 5-5000 revs flat spot i pulled up to 120 but had 2 slow cos a focus was in my way!!! wat top speeds have u lot had in the 16v??