ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What products? Starting my collection

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Depends on how much contamination is on the panel when you use it. If you fully decontaminate with tar and iron removers before using clay it will last ages. It's done when it's dropped once, has large bits of contamination in it and can't be folded into a clean piece of clay

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hahha ive heard the "don't smell it term"

they are fairly cheap tbf

one last question before I get done for harassment, roughly how long does a clay bar last and how do you know when it's time for a nee one. Thanks!

Its a 'how long is a piece of string' question, pull off a bit at a time, use a face (with lube) when the face gets dirty, fold it to make a new,clean face and repeat until it's all dirty. Then chuck that bit and start again.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I recently detailed my pals VXR burg & used bilt hamber Korrosol for fallout & bilt hamber auto clay medium & AF oblitarate

3y4ydany.jpg

7e5u3uru.jpg

y9ane2ej.jpg

de3etype.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
That's not a nice piece of clay Kyle :( personally if mine gets anywhere near that I'll stop ang give the full car another hit with tar remover and fallout remover. IMO clay should never be like that otherwise the earlier steps haven't been done correctly / enough.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
^ that's very true. I haven't had a piece of clay like that for many years.

Kyle, when using tar removers, what's your method? Spray, dwell and remove. Or do you use a MF wipe down?

172 cup
^ this was another question I had when using these removers what is the best way, I.E method and what cloth to use ?