ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I swap 5s for ??

BMW 330ci
Thinking of swapping my iPhone 5s to something else and then when the 6 comes out I will sell that and hopefully not loose too much money and put that towards the 6.

My thinking is no one will want to pay as much for a 5s once the 6 is announced.

So the question is what do I go for ? Tempted by a note 3 or s5.

Also gives me the chance to try android and Samsung.

BMW 330ci
Well I'd be doing a straight swap just thinking gives me the chance to try something else. And should be easier to sell on once the 6 is out.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Why swap mate? Just hold out with the 5S for a month? Seems like a lot of hassle for very little gain.

And also, the 5S won't drop much in price when the 6 is out - they hold their value well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seems a strange swap if you're going for a 6 anyway. Get a friend's android phone and have a play with it.

BMW 330ci
I have messed around with the note and the s5 and I do really like them. I was just looking for opinions off here :) and hoping to hold on to my cash a bit.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I have messed around with the note and the s5 and I do really like them. I was just looking for opinions off here :) and hoping to hold on to my cash a bit.

Tbh, most people I know have never 'converted' as such - they've always stuck with what they started with in the whole Apple/Android war.

It all boils down to what YOU want and how you want to use the phone.

Apple is a lot more restrictive but a lot more user-friendly IMO.

BMW 330ci
That's very true. I know a few people who have converted and like the android. Mainly the Samsung and they all seem to like it. I like the idea of widgets and a bit more customisable.

I've just gone from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy S5, it's taking some getting used to but it is a nice phone and android is customisable which is nice. I just got bored of the iPhone interface, iOS8 is barely different to iOS7.

Inferno 182 CUP
I need to swap my Nexus 5 & LG G watch back for a iPhone .. The lack if face time audio and video is proving killer!

2014 Focus Titanium
Weird one this. If you' already think you'll go back to iphone the chances are you probably will in which case it's probably a waste of time or energy. However, if you think that the prospect of owning an Android phone means that you will stick with Android then changing now to something like a Nexus 5, HTC One M8 or LG G3 could be the way to go, or wait for the next Google phone.

BMW 330ci
I've decided to sell my iphone to hopefully raise some cash for the 6 in the mean time I'm going to be using my dad's old samsung s4. I know it's not a new device. But at least it will give me an idea of android and if I prefer it then I won't get the 6 will be looking at a new android.

Thanks for all the advice.