ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to use to wash microfibre towels / drying towels

LY 182
Did a search and couldn't see anything, at least recently.

What are you detailing folk using to wash your microfibres safely / effectively? I did have some Sonus stuff to add to the washing machine but that seems a bit expensive. I did hear white vinegar mentioned once?

Cheers.

White vinegar 'revives' MF's, I use it every now and then. Normal wash I use non bio liquid stuff on a 30-40.

No need. Non bio or hand wash in the washing machine on a low temp setting. Don't use softener and air dry.

MFs' static charge is destroyed by the static charges caused by driers, hence air drying.

Also, if they are really dirty, demote them. Wax-windows-trim-wheels-arches.

Honda & VW
There has to be a mf Hierarchy, some of my towels ended up in the tumble drier therefore they were immediately relegated to glass only.

BG 182FF
I remember reading, and i cant remember where, to use washing liquid. NOT POWDER. As powder me be left behind, potentially scratching your paintwork when using your so called clean mf. They are also cheep enough that i don't use them for too long before relegating them, as mentioned above