ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Was Your First Mobile Phone?

God that was awesome. I also had the thin one after that before anyone else I know. D700 maybe?

D900? I remember it for being the only phone I've ever lost to date.

Anyone remember the original Summer Games? I had it on my Nokia 6100, would lose hours a day playing it. For sheer enjoyment with your mates, best game I've ever played on a phone, ever.

Clio
17f902f9d24a9f89fa5a6b0388cf73ba.jpg

f**k yeah! I remember I spent some silly proportion of my pay check to by that. What they didn't tell you was as the phone got older and dirtier the cool flick down to reveal the keypad got worse and worse.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I remember spending £300 on a t68i so I could take pictures with the camera attachment...

Xperia-Blog-T682.jpg

It was crap beyond belief..

Reactions: DrR

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Remember the Phillips Savvy, if you switched it off while sending a text it sent for free.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im sure we used to change message centre numbers with orange to get free texts for a few days...

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
My first one was the Siemens c25e
Nokia 3210
Nokia 3330
Nokia 8310
Nokia 7210. The camera came separate lol
Panasonic x60 cost £150 on upgrade lol
Panasonic x70 again cost £150 hahah
Sony Ericsson k850i
Sony Ericsson w850i
Sony Ericsson w995i
Samsung galaxy
Samsung Galaxy s3
And finally the not 4

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Yup and the other one shaped like a Cerbera's rear lights...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone remember this bad boy?

Nokia-NGage-LL.jpg
I never owned one of those, a mate of mine did, and it was rubbish!

My first phone was a Vodafone thing, can't remember it's name though, and thus couldn't find a picture.

After that I moved to Nokias, like everyone else. 3210, 3310, 3330, then Samsung slide phones, and Motorola flip phones. Since then I've only had iPhones, so a pretty boring back catalogue really!

1.7 cdti
$_1.jpg Philips fizz and my first mobile number started with 04 ... or something along those lines but definitely wasn't 07..

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The Z5 was superb. Swapped my nokia 8210 for one after the screen died for the 4th time and it was miles better.

This was my 1st phone back in 98 I think. Couldn't put the thing down for weeks when I first got it. Maxon MX-3204
mn1-front_jpg_medium.jpg
That's the Vodafone mobile I had

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Pretty sure this was my first! I was way too young so the only thing I used it for was texting my mum what time I was home. If I took it out the house, which I rarely did as its weight and size would slow me down on my bike lol.

Second:
Nokia 5110. I remember having a Pokemon Fascia for it at one point!

Third:
Nokia 3310, definitely had one of those "WickedArt" car cases for that as well. Half the times that thing fell was off a cabinet or table, mainly due to getting a text or phone call and the thing vibrating off whilst simultaneously causing a small earthquake. Also remember the clicky-clack of the buttons would keep me up at nights on holiday when my older brother would stay up late texting.

Fourth (I think):
Nokia 6100. This to this day is one of the best phones I've had. Small and light but my fat fingers could still operate it. The only way you could take photos is with a camera attachment. This was also the first phone I had on contract! £20 a month.
6100.jpg

Fifth:
Samsung V200, flip phone with a built in camera. Absolute space age. Was actually a pretty crap phone tbh. I dropped it and it snapped in 2.
Samsung-V200-2.jpg

After that I had a few of the Samsung D500/600's. Sony Ericcson K800 etc. First iPhone was the 3G and other than the 3310 its the only old phone I have left I think!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That's the Vodafone mobile I had
Same. Vodafone MN1 was my first mobile in circa 1998.
16224723723100ed9e2b9abf32eff03d.jpg

After that, i think it was something along these lines:
Nokia 8210, Ericsson T39, Nokia 8310, Nokia 6610, Sony Ericsson T610, Nokia 610i, Sony Ericsson K750, Nokia 6500 Classic, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S & current iPhone 6S. Choosing a phone used to so much more fun though, analysing Carphone Warehouse & Phones4U brochures for weeks, then getting the best deal possible on my monthlies. Now i just get whatever the latest iPhone is from work, for free :up:

Mercury Clio 182
Mine was an NEC DB4000. Was actually pretty good. Swapped it with my dad after a bit as he got a Nokia 3210 and everyone was getting them.

20160616_223843_zpsl8nk5emw.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
f**k yeah! I remember I spent some silly proportion of my pay check to by that. What they didn't tell you was as the phone got older and dirtier the cool flick down to reveal the keypad got worse and worse.

Also it wasn't really in the Matrix like everyone thought.

This was the proper Matrix phone, was abit gutted it didn't have the flick down!

nokia-8110-1_medium.jpg

latest?cb=20130302054459.png

Think mine is still knocking around at my parents house somewhere!

Replaced it with one of these and thought I was a f**king gangster..............actually it is still kinda cool

Nokia-8810.jpg

Reactions: riz
This was my first i think was a hand me down from my nana, after she got a "upgrade" if you called it that back in the day i was maybe 9 or 10 year old
image-jpg.jpg

had a 3310 then moved onto then moved on to the even more rugged version with a colour screen the 5100 with a plug in camera
the rubber on the buttons was so hard i remember having blisters on my thumbs from it (i miss texting where you didn't have to look at the screen, perfect for school, touch type FTW)
nokia5100.gif
enhancements_hs_1c_pop.jpg

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Very first phone was some Motorola brick thing. Not too dissimilar to this:
002886_1.jpg

I had the usual nokias: 3210, 3310, 8210
I had one of these badboys too. A Nokia 5510:
5510_1.jpg

I remember that phone well, as I was at 6th form and had a Suzuki Intruder 125 at the time. I also remember going to town one day on said bike (wearing cargo trousers), and the phone bouncing past me as I was riding down the high street.

My bro had the Nokia phone from the Matrix. Well Jell bruv.

BT cellnet phone as mentioned previously in the thread, some random Sony Ericcsons, A google G1, HTC, right up to my iPhone 5c and now iPhone 6+

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Motorola montreal. Wow! I once had no credit and tried to send a text 3 or 4 times, eventu ally it went through! Weird!

Best phone I had was...

a67d095d095168ad938242d50ca14211.jpg

One of the first phones that you could watch sky sports news etc on. Loved it.

Coolest phone I had... I used to look the balls!

17f902f9d24a9f89fa5a6b0388cf73ba.jpg
Is that the "Matrix" phone ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sort of like a production version of it. They did actually bring out the matrix phone, I think someone else posted it. Lot rarer though.

An orange one
Started off with the Phillips ph301
Vodafone MN1
Then Nokia 5110
Then Nokia 3210
Then Nokia 3310
Then Nokia 7110
Then Nokia 8210
Then Nokia 6210
Nokia 6300
Nokia 6100
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6S

Not sure if the nokias are in the right order but the 6300 was by far the best non smartphone I ever had! Brilliant phone!

Nokia6300.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Started off with the Phillips ph301
Vodafone MN1
Then Nokia 5110
Then Nokia 3210
Then Nokia 3310
Then Nokia 7110
Then Nokia 8210
Then Nokia 6210
Nokia 6300
Nokia 6100
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6S

Not sure if the nokias are in the right order but the 6300 was by far the best non smartphone I ever had! Brilliant phone!

Nokia6300.jpg

Omg I loved that phone!!!!! Imagine being able to choose what you want as a ringtone, unreal!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Next time I'm in the loft I'm going to bundle all my old phones together and get some pics.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I loved my first phone, Nokia 3220

Complete with flashing lights down the sides and everything
image.jpeg