ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wheels? Help me pick

Clio 1.5 dci
Bk racing 16's

a92646fe867f74b3d517f2523275f7c4.jpg

Or

172 16's

d1070379ca6f08faad0eebef2e47a9f9.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Out of those 2 Id keep it standard, at least it doesn't look like you did it on purpose :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol. We're only joking matey. Out of the two, the ph2 wheels. Car looks nice dude :)

Suzuki Jimny
The 172 wheels look nice against the paint colour. The other ones are the definition of Chav.

Clio 1.5 dci
Only thing isbthat the ph2 wheels will need spacers :/ and a touch lower would mean new shocks and springs or coil overs

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Spacers arnt a bad thing mate. No idea what the rest of the car looks like but it would look great lowered. I appreciate its all about money etc

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
172 wheels deffo. Why do you need spacers though? I never bothered when I had 172 alloys on my 1.2 and it was fine.

Clio 1.5 dci
They look so tucked in, don't know if the fronts will as I've only got one wheel on ATM but the rears look terrible! And it probably does need lowering but £400 on coil overs in feasible ATM as I need to get a new bonnet and the 172 rear bumper spayed.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
They'll look fine. Doesn't need lowering straight away. Could always get eibach sportlines for it. They give a slight drop

Clio 1.5 dci
Just dropped a house mate out in it and still only had one of the 172 alloys on but when cornering to the left it was rubbing. On the inner arch I assume. Has anyone else had this with these wheels? And i guess its just an excuse for spacers ;)

PB Clio 172
I think when you start modding a car you are only going to lose value end of the day. esp on a dci just leave it the way it is IMO

Clio 1.5 dci
I think when you start modding a car you are only going to lose value end of the day. esp on a dci just leave it the way it is IMO

Too late for this unfortunately. Cars aren't about making profit or holding value to me. Yes this car owes me more than what I would ever get if I sold up but quite frankly it's a hobby and it's my hobby and hobbies cost! Some people play football, some box but me I like to detail cars and modify my own.

PB Clio 172
fair enough just hope you don't waste too much money on it! I would just do the cheapest mods going to make the car your own and build up the no claims till you can get a Renaultsport or something along those lines

Clio Mk3 1.4 Grey
quick question! My clio mk3 has standard wheels on just now, they are either 15 or 16 inch... now, there is other standard wheels that I much prefer and are 1 inch bigger and I am trying to lay my hands on a set. Will these new wheels, when I get them, affect the speedo much?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
quick question! My clio mk3 has standard wheels on just now, they are either 15 or 16 inch... now, there is other standard wheels that I much prefer and are 1 inch bigger and I am trying to lay my hands on a set. Will these new wheels, when I get them, affect the speedo much?

​Just get lower profile tyres so total diameter stays the same..

Renault Clio
The first ones are horrible mate, definitely the 172 wheels, either as they are or sprayed! :)