ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do?

Cup 172
Currently driving a 172 Cup. Had her for 2 years now and getting itchy feet. Problem is there is nothing that really appeals to me without spending a fotune. It can't be any bigger than the Cup to fit in the garage.

I like the Trophy, but cant justify the extra cost for the advantages over the Cup.

So... was thinking about buying a 106 GTI and a bike as well....

Will I regret this?????

TP

133/225/CLS AMG
It really depends on what you want. The bike is undoubtedly gonna be quicker than any other car but the 106 won't be as much fun as your Clio.

How much you wanting to spend and people can make suggestions on your budget? :) :)

Clio 172
team_penetrator said:
Currently driving a 172 Cup. Had her for 2 years now and getting itchy feet. Problem is there is nothing that really appeals to me without spending a fotune. It can't be any bigger than the Cup to fit in the garage.

I like the Trophy, but cant justify the extra cost for the advantages over the Cup.

So... was thinking about buying a 106 GTI and a bike as well....

Will I regret this?????

TP

I'd recommend a 106 GTI, I had one which was modified to having nearly 150bhp it was awesomely quick and a worthy swap for a 172 cup. Make sure you go for one after 1998 as the ones prior to this seem to have the most problems, head gasket and drive shafts etc.

I've got a 182 at the moment but I'd definitely have another 106 GTI. :cool:

cock mobile.
If that's the budget I'd stick with the Cup.

But then I'm not a bike fan so I would say that!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
VTS/GTi great little cars.

On paper they're not as quick as a 172 but in real life there's not much drop in performance. Handle better than a standard 172, not sure how they'd compare vs a Cup.

I traded in a rapid little standard 2000X VTS for a 53 172. 172 actually doesn't feel as quick though I'm sure it is. Handling on my VTS was brilliant.