ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you rather own as a daily driver...

PH1 V6
Just want to know the general sense of opinion..... The two following options could be a possibility for me at the start of next year.

Buy a reasonably low mileage 172/182 and spend a bit of money kitting it out, ie remap, coilovers, exhaust etc etc. The car would be owned outright.

Take out a small loan and go splash out on buying a Clio V6 (yes i love them that much!).

Bear in mind it would be a daily driver.

discuss....

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
daily drive get a 1*2, no point in putting daily mileage on a V6 causing it to depreciate.

v6 is for occasional use IMO.

PH1 V6
My only thought with the vee would be to buy one with a slightly higher mileage in the first place (say around 50k) and just enjoy it for everything it is rather than worrying about preserving it. I am very particualr about my cars so it would ALWAYS be serviced, cleaned, repaired with no expense spared.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive had 7 Clio V6 drove them everyday- if you can afford to run it every day then its fine as long as you dont have much luggage etc-

A bit of advice--- if you have the windows open make sure they are the same level each side as an imbalance in the wind flow in the cabin usually blows the heat back to the front from the engine bay!!!

S

PH1 V6
would mainly be myself.... and no i dont have alot of luggage lol thanks for the tip! I just feel like its something i HAVE to own before i get older!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
All depends how far your daily drive is, imo. The difference in MPGs between my 182 and Jain's V6 is definitely noticable. I couldn't afford (or really want to!) the juice to fund a 38 mile round trip, too and from work everyday.

D.

White clique
If you can deal with the impracticality of 2 seats, then why not splash out and be different and get a v6?

Silver 182
You wanna have a daily driver get an audi a6 diesel, you wanna have a fun car get 182, you wanna be dramatic and noticed everywhere with a v6 engine get a dodge challenger 2011 in bright orange :D

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
If you do more than 10k a year as a daily get a 182

f**k running a vee for alot of miles

Its really not that expensive, i have ran my vee over the last 11 months and put on 12500 miles, the only real expense was the 5 yr service. If ever you've owned a 197 you won't notice the difference in fuel costs, my vee for the last 2500miles has ran at 26.7MPG.

Silver 182
Its really not that expensive, i have ran my vee over the last 11 months and put on 12500 miles, the only real expense was the 5 yr service. If ever you've owned a 197 you won't notice the difference in fuel costs, my vee for the last 2500miles has ran at 26.7MPG.

really? how nice is your driving cos in town my 182 puts out 24-25mpg :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
172/182 all day long.

V6's are a pain in the ass. You won't want to leave it anywhere, they are a pain in the ass to park in the supermarket (for both steering lock and bodykit wideness) You will need a boot at some point.....

I could go on but X factor is on.

(Yes, I have had a V6.)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I'd get a 1.2, cheap on fuel, low on insurace & theres no parking worries! sorted ;)

Stagecoach Ticket
172/182 all day long.

V6's are a pain in the ass. You won't want to leave it anywhere, they are a pain in the ass to park in the supermarket (for both steering lock and bodykit wideness) You will need a boot at some point.....

I could go on but X factor is on.

(Yes, I have had a V6.)

Sums it up really

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
really? how nice is your driving cos in town my 182 puts out 24-25mpg :D

Quick, i've had my vee up to over 30MPG, there were some sick looking 200 owners when i let that gem slip.
Don't get me wrong the vee is either addictive or you hate it. It also separates a owner from there money quicker then it can empty its fuel tank!

Mini Cooper S sport
Get the Vee, just to say you've had one.

If you don't get on with it, you can always sell it and get a 182.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Get a Vee all day long ,if you didn't like it - sell it, you won't lose any money from it!

If you get the 172/182, would you always be thinking "I wish I had a V6"?

Because if so, get the V6 - you can always sell it on!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
i d say get the vee if u like it keep it and use it you will love it when you have had your buzz out of it sell it.

i love my but it is a pain ass.

085.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
what ways is it a pain in the ass mate? I REALLY want one and could probably afford one in about six months time, and i only do about 5k a year as i have a works van for all the runnin up to the shop in etc

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
its just little things that make a pain i love mine but i stress out about it way to much like whos parking next to it and about putting to meny miles on it. speed bumps its not that low but i live by the biggest speed bumps in chester. i always seam to get every boy racer after me. fuels not getting any cheapper. and i just want to drive it all the time. if you get 1 you wont be driving the work van. i ve got a nice works car soon as i am not in it i am in the vee.

guess its not that much of a pain i just want to keep it mint and low miles.

V6 PH1
veeeee. I love mine still, a year on. Yes its impractical and drinks fuel but thats part of it. I love the looks and attention it gets. Ive had guys in new Porsches pull along side and comment on it a the lights! The idea of it still makes me laugh....a small 3 dr french hatch back with a 3ltr v6 where the rear seats should be!

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
what ways is it a pain in the ass mate? I REALLY want one and could probably afford one in about six months time, and i only do about 5k a year as i have a works van for all the runnin up to the shop in etc

Your not too far away from i could give you an in depth breakdown, plus you'll get to hear it- job done and we'll be welcoming another vee owner!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Your not too far away from i could give you an in depth breakdown, plus you'll get to hear it- job done and we'll be welcoming another vee owner!

ive seen a LY V6 parked on trent vale tesco a few times early in the morning, wouldnt be yours would it? i always have to park in the same row when i see it just so i can walk past it and have a look lol

PH1 V6
I think its going to have to be a vee. Yes ok so its not as practical in any way, shape or form as a 1*2 but thats not what i want the car for. Even if i own it for a year or two and then move on, just to say i have owned one. I have alot of time for them and the fact that its a mid engined renault clio just makes me laugh! the owners club meets would be great and i dont think i would get bored of driving such a dramatic looking car! supercar status but without paying supercar prices! I think its a win.

If i regret it which is highly unlikely then i will just sell it and forget about it all :) lol

oh and "Arney" i may have to have a quick nosey around yours before i get one :) would probably go for a phase 1 as a little bit cheaper and i still love the looks.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
see i like the phase1 exterior wise but its just the interior that i couldnt live with so it'd have to be a phase 2 for me, even if it took a fair few more months saving

Silver 182
How can a vee drink fuel if the guy above just confirmed he managed to get 30mpg out of it :D lol 182 is just as bad! So fuel costs would not be much different

V6 PH1
Nick no problem mate, still got my number? MPG wise depends how you drive. At best on motorway runs ive had 28-30 but most of the time 20-22!!!!