ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you spend 7k on

I need a 4 door car which is reliable as hell, cheap to insure, cheap to run but with the best performace you can get. (No easy task :confused:) What would people recommend for about 7k

Keith

Cheap to run - not a Scooby - about 8K running costs a year!:eek:

Nothing 4WD falls into cheap - anyway 4WD is boring.

T5s are quick but aint good on fuel!

Cheers, planning ahead. Spend a few years not paying any car payments with a cheap run about and start to save the pennies for the day the wife drives (taking the run about) and I can then look for another licence looser!!

Doh!! Why did I not think about the 306.

Thanks all

Why spend £7k if you dont need to?

My Volvo 1990 Volvo 340 5-door is for sale at £299 o.n.o.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_32_full.jpg

But failing that (and of course I see no reason why;)), consider something like the Citroen ZX Volcane TD. It was the original diesel hot hatch and has all the Volcane trim/suspension upgrades with 50+mpg to boot. Some come with leather and most are well under £1,000. As Im sure you know, its basically a cheaper/better trimmed 306 D Turbo.

Ive got a ZX Diesel at the mo - cheaper than the 306 to buy, and faster too. but its the same car basically. Just be prepared for rattles and plastic bits falling off!!

The HDI 306 is the one to go for.