ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the standard camber on a cup packed 182?

LY R26 #288
As above?

I took my passenger wheel off at the weekend to find this

6500702407_c13324acd6_b.jpg

IMG_0122 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

The tire is on the markers but there shouldn't be metal showing like that.

I'm guessing its more likely to be down to tracking although I had it done with the tyres 6k ago. Think the drivers side is the same, its worn on the inside edge more than the rest of the tire but it's not as low, and I don't think metal is showing on it, although I haven't taken it off yet.

My last set of tyres were exactly the same make/model and lasted me 12k.

LY R26 #288
Ok thanks Fred. I thought as much, as it seems to be on both wheels.

New tyres coming tomorrow. I'll get the alignment done as well. Not going back to the place I went to before though.

try and find a garage that has a four wheel computerised hunter system that gives you printouts of before and after the adjustments are made.

LY R26 #288
try and find a garage that has a four wheel computerised hunter system that gives you printouts of before and after the adjustments are made.

The last place I went to had that system. They gave me the print outs. However I had to go back because my steering wheel wasn't central when driving straight and one of the wheels wasnt balanced properly with my newly fitted tyres (lots of vibration).

So they redone it, this time I didn't get a printout. Maybe they didn't like it that I came back and they had to redo my alignment and re-balance my wheels free of charge.

I can't point fingers but maybe they put it out on purpose to get one over on me. I don't really know. Could rough roads really knock it out that much?.

Like I say the tyres lasted half the mileage that they did before.