ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats Weitec Coilovers like?

Believe BioHzrd has just fitted a set to his Mk3 Clio, PM him.

Otherwise, why not source a second hand set of H&R's?

PH2 172
i really want a new set of suspension bud i would love H&Rs but there way over my price budget.

Golf
A had the gt kit on a fiesta, they where too stiff on me fiesta, the back end used to step out quite often but a got used to it lol but it still handled alot better than it did with just springs

PH2 172
so u think putting just springs on my ca rlike eibachs will be better than putting weitch gt coilovers on her

weitech are a sister company of fk,dont know what the quality of them would be like but fk's get a damn good review on here

PH2 172
i was thinking about putting the FK high tech suspension kit on my car lowers front 60mm and rear 40mm with shortened stroke but will i notice that my car is lowered as i got told that it wont look much different as the sports already have lower suspension. i was only going to do this as im on a tight money situation at the moment and want my car lowered for castle combe in april but want it handling nice and looking nice and lowered.

Weeman sucks ****
Crusty, firstly eibachs won't lower a cup. I've been there and tried that. They do ride better than standard but obviously don't offer the cosmetic change. For some reason they claim a 30mm drop but I've never seen it, even on standard 172's. I also tried apex which weren't the best tbh, not too bad for a track surface but not great for road.

I've now been running H&R's for a few years now, never had a problem on road or track although maybe slightly soft for track. There's been a lot of opinions on GAZ, generally they're sh!t but some don't mind them. If you're on track a lot then they can't be a bad price. I have heard they can leak though!

To me the Weitech option sounds good but sadly there's not many reviews on them in here. As you've not got the budget for H&R then it's always going to be a 50/50 not knwoing what they'll be like. And to be perfectly honest, I've noticed a massive drop in the quality of the roads and even my H&R's are taking a hiding. Any car with a 'sporty' edge is compromised on these roads imo.

At the end of the day, if you like your cup sporty and a bit more hardcore then go for the coils. You can always sell them for a small loss if you're not happy with them.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Keep your money mate. if you cant buy the best you'll regret it.

Get yourself a job and save up for H&R's IMHO.

Weeman sucks ****
I didn't realise you lost your job! Probably a good idea to keep the cash, no?

I'd avoid buying for the sake of it, save and wait or you could regret it.

PH2 172
i understand what u mean but its not just that iv got some big depts to pay of at the moment so £700 is way out my price range i only wanted to spend £300 i dont go on track that much only the odd occasion when they have shows at castle combe but thats very rarely just want a btter handling and a lowered clio that you can see its been lowered.

PH2 172
well H&R`s are f**king expensive GAZ aint to bad but not sure if i can get that kinda money before castle combe.

lift number 1 @ btm
weitech are a sister company of fk,dont know what the quality of them would be like but fk's get a damn good review on here

weitec are made by kw, not fk. and are quite well thought of on the dub scene. but i've never used them myself so can't really compare.

PH2 172
i might just out a suspension kit on my car just for the moment untill the end of the year when i can afford some better stuff i know people say wait and save up but i just want better suspension coilovers at the monet i think are now out of my price range so iv found that FK suspension kit.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Buy cheap, buy twice. Been there got the t shirt with GAZ. w**k is all i can say. H&R are in a different league. BTW if you have big debts to pay with no job, i think you should forget coilovers or any mods full stop. Get a new job first. Obvious aint it??!!!!!

PH2 172
yeah thats what im doing at the moment bud but the suspension was my birthday present this month and my mum and dad and family wont spend alot so thats why i wanted to know what i should get iv been told to get eibach springs what are these like or would i be better of geting the suspension kit i said the FK one