ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearing

Started with the winning noise last week so booked her in for a new bearing.

Mechanic had car all day only to say at the end of it all that it hadnt been done as he couldnt get the bearing off!

Has anyone else had this problem??

He is having the car back on wednesday to take it "to a mates" who has a 50 pound press - he recons that will get it off.

Will I be causing more damage if Im still driving the car??

How much is a wheel bearing??

It is the rear passenger side bearing that has gone.

cheers lads - the mechanic said that it may well have gone due to the bearing being under more stress since the car had been lowered and had bigger wheels.

he recons the other one wont be far behind it either!

Lionel Richie

Theyre easy to remove, smack out the internals with a screw driver + hammer then weld up the insides and allow it to cool (it contracts) then hammer + chisel = job done!!

To get the new one in use a big bench vice

a 50 pound press? Whats he use that for to close his sandwiches?

Try a 30 ton press that will do the job.

I get bearings done for 25 quid all in, decent bearings as well.

Smacking them in with a hammer and drift or even a vice is askign for it to fail early.

The bearings should last the life of the car. I was mighty pissed off when mine died at 150k miles.

So if they keep failing try taking it somewhere that doesnt employ idiots.

Sorry to be a pain lads but...........

I know the bearing is going to be done tommorow but I used the car at lunchtime today and it was really sluggish - asif the bearing is holding the car back! Does this make sense to anyone?? :confused:

I noticed it last night to when pulling off, thought I had left the handbrake on!

Thanks

Liam