ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearings gone again!!!

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Hi everyone.

Only just before christmas i have new wheel bearing fitted.

The bearing was from GSF car parts. Once fitted it was fine, no more loud droning noise. It was great!!

Was driving on the motorway a few days ago and started to hear a sort of scraping noise when turning right. It was intermittent then gradually turned into a quiet drone.

Its getting louder.

My wheel bearing has gone again!!! Not even 4 months!!

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Tar

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
tyre looks good, maybe fooked shock but doesnt seem to leak. Im thinking maybe a crap bearing then.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
yeah there are bumps :( tbh 95% of the time i drive pretty slow. just seems strange the same one should go again :(

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
yeah lowered (by previous owner) ........ wait for it ........ apex bone crushers :(

M

mini-valver

If the bearing was THAT bad before, you will probably find its worn away the drive flange on the hub. New hub and bearing will sort it. Take it off and check for play around the bearing, as well as within it.

Vw caddy tdi
What code was on the bearing some are better quality than others. Eurocarparts list 2 diff types for clio rear I went for the SNR, exactly same part as renault supply but cheaper free post online aswell.

172 Cup
How long have you had the car? Has it possibly had a "bump" before you owned it? My girlfriends Clio had a small bump and suspension was fixed but went through two sets of bearings beforeI worked out we had to change the entire rear beam.

172 & bmw 320 ci
had simalar prob, was not wheel bearing tho. engin and gearbox was not alligned properly and driveshaft was bottoming out againt differential when on a sharp right turn, easy fix, took a long time to find prob tho. hope this helps

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
hey guys only just checked back on this thread thanks for your input. I noticed when i had a look at my car the other day the rear left is a good 10mm lower that the rear right above the tyre???

ideas?

much love

172 Cup
Do both the springs look in tact? Maybe a small bit has broken off the end of the spring where it sits. Just changed a spring on my mates Golf and it was this.